10 Netflix Originals That Prove Netflix Is Stepping Up Their Game

Like really stepping up their game.

75

*This list does not include all the great new Netflix films and shows. This list only includes my favorite as of right now. *

1. Stranger ThingsĀ 

Giphy Discover & share this Netflix GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

2. To All The Boys I've Loved Before

This movie took the internet by storm a couple weeks ago and I have to say, it's become one of my favorite love story on Netflix. Based off of a popular YA book, To All The Boys I've Loved Before is about a teenage girl who is too afraid to talk to her crushes, so she writes them letters. When those letters happen to get accidentally sent out, she's forced to face each of the boys and figure herself out. If you're a sucker for cheesy love, this is the movie for you.

3. Big Mouth

Easily one of the most hilarious animated series I've ever watched, Big Mouth is about what it's like as a confused and awkward pre-teen going through puberty. This show is the closest anybody's ever come to truly expressing the gory details of becoming a teenager with some disgusting but incredibly funny parts added throughout.

4. Black Mirror

Buckle up because this show will have you binging until your eyes bleed. Black Mirror is the type of science fiction nobody wants to think about because it's so close to reality that it could actually happen. If you like conspiracy theories or just like things that hurt your brain because you can't understand them, you should give Black Mirror a try.

5. Atypical

Atypical follows high school senior, Sam as he tries to find a way to take on the world as a person on the spectrum. This show has something extremely important to say about the capabilities of people on the spectrum, what the world is like for them, and how everybody else needs to improve their knowledge on them. Definitely a must watch for any kind of person.

6. The Fundamentals of Caring

This hilarious dark comedy is about a shut-in and his new caregiver as they decide to make a cross-country trip hitting the most ridiculous of landmarks. It appeals to those of you with a darker sense of humor and both the main characters are amazing together. Selena Gomez makes an appearance too, so that's cool.

7. The Kissing Booth

The Kissing Booth is a movie about a girl who falls in love with her best friends brother. Not the strongest plot but honestly really good if you want to watch a super fun, cutsie little love story with a happy ending.

8. Love

Love is a show about a young woman who has absolutely none of her shit together (same) and a nerdy young man who's kind of got it together but wants more out of life. They fall in love, sort of, and try to make things work in a way that works for them. A great show if you're looking for something that is extremely real and interesting, but also a hot mess.

9. When We First Met

When We First Met is about a guy who attends his best friend's engagement party and realizes that he really messed up and missed his shot with the bride. He drinks himself into a coma and wakes up in the past with a second chance to get the girl and live happily ever after. Kinda cringe in a good way, this movie is so funny from start to finish, and ends with a twist that makes your heart smile for a reason that is different than you would've thought. Definitely a good movie to watch with anybody.

10. The Ranch

The Ranch is a show that I didn't think that I would like at all, until I watched all five seasons in a day and ended up really liking it. It has a couple of the same actors that were in That 70's Show so I'd assumed for some reason that it would be similar to that. I was wrong. This show is about a family of ranchers who struggle to stay afloat as ranching industry goes corporate. Comical at times, and serious at times, this show is filled with valuable lessons and is an accurate depiction of family at its best, and worse.