Best Netflix Original Christmas Movies

5 Netflix Original Movies That Are Perfect For The Holiday Season

Time for cocoa and lots of sappy, Christmas romance!

42
https://kaboompics.com/photo/4468/woman-drinking-hot-tea-in-her-home-office

Christmas season is in full swing, and the long-awaited day of celebration is almost here! Every Christmas season, my family and I love to settle in on the couch to watch our favorite classics over and over again on ABC's "25 Days of Christmas". My grandmother and I enjoyed making coffee and watching whatever "Hallmark" original was on cable. This year, however, in an apartment of own, I don't have cable or my grandmother or ABC or Hallmark. Instead, I have my roomie and Netflix. So, this holiday season, my roommate and I have made it our tradition to hunker down in the evenings with Netflix's version of "made-for-tv" Christmas movies, and here are some of the best.

1. “A Christmas Prince.”

upload.wikimedia.org

"A Christmas Prince" is about a budding journalist named Amber who travels to the foreign kingdom of "Aldovia" to write a story about their soon to be coronated prince, Richard. However, when she takes it upon herself to go undercover within the castle, the whole mission takes a turn, and she finds herself falling in love with Richard. If you're a fan of "The Princess Diaries" this may be a fun watch for you. Overall, it's a really heartwarming movie.

2. “A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding.”

i.jeded.com

Released a year from it's original, "A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding" is the next chapter in Amber and Richard's story. Amber is trying to figure out where she fits in the world of kings and queens as she and Richard's Christmas wedding is fast approaching. If you love the original, then this is just the right amount of cheesy Christmas movie for you.

3. “The Princess Switch.”

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

If you were one of the many who loved "High School Musical" then this may be the best option for you this holiday season. Why? Because none other than Vanessa Hudgens is the star! She plays Margaret, a duchess from Belgravia, and Stacy, a young woman from Chicago, who look exactly alike. They end up living a little in one another's lives, and even falling in love with each other's boyfriends.

4. “The Holiday Calendar.”

m.media-amazon.com

Missing from the list thus far, is a movie with a little bit of magic, right? As enchantment is often a theme in Christmas movies, that brings us to "The Holiday Calendar". A young photographer named Abby is given a magical advent calendar that seems like it might be able to predict the future. With it, it brings some new opportunities and (of course) a new romance!

5. “Christmas Inheritance.”

m.media-amazon.com

A young heiress is vying to inherit her father's business, but she can't until she proves her worthiness. When she's asked to deliver a Christmas card to her father's former business partner, she ends up stranded by a snowstorm. While stuck in the small town of Snow Falls, she starts to learn about herself and the true meaning of Christmas, AND, of course, she starts to fall in love with a local innkeeper.

Christmas is my favorite time of year for a million reasons, and one of the biggest ones is all of the time I get to spend with my loved ones. A large part of that quality time is spent snuggled up watching super cheesy holiday movies. So, if you're like me, settle in with your bestie and a fuzzy blanket and watch your way through this lighthearted list of Netflix originals.