5 Places To See Christmas Lights in North Carolina

Theres more than five but these are the top of the list.

51
Cameron Marr

As the holiday season is coming about the country comes alive with amazing lights and awesome celebrations. In North Carolina, we have a variety of different landscapes all in one state. You should try to see them all. I am going to list the 5 best places to see Christmas lights in North Carolina.

Speedway Christmas, Charlotte

https://qcitymetro.com/event/speedway-christmas/

The Charlotte motor speedway puts out over three million lights and comes alive with Christmas cheer. You can stay warm in your car as you drive by the 15 miles of lights that are all done in different themes. After you drive through the lights you can stop in Christmas Village where there is a petting zoo and pony rides. Also they will be serving hot chocolate. Theres movies on weekends and even a s'mores station.

Christmas Town USA, McAdenville

https://www.mcadenville-christmastown.com

This is a neighborhood in a town with only about 700 people in the whole town but it comes to life with amazing Christmas cheer. You can drive through and look at all the light displays or you can walk through the town if you dress warmly. There are speakers around the town that constantly are playing Christmas music. This is personally my favorite because I live about five minutes down the road.

Chetola Resort's Festival of Lights, Blowing Rock

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g48966-d258471-i120216176-Chetola_Resort_at_Blowing_Rock-Blowing_Rock_North_Carolina.html

There are more than 500,000 lights set out around the lake, you can stay in your car and cruise by or bundle up and walk around. As you walk or drive by you'll see many different scenes of lights one being a reindeer who has caught a fish. In downtown Blowing Rock you can see the towns Christmas tree that is unveiled every year at the Christmas in the park celebration.

Christmas Light and Train Spectacular, Wilmington

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whatsonwilmington.com%2Fevent.php%3Fid%3D37584&psig=AOvVaw1Df84qw_oF6eq3Fy4l2Jg8&ust=1575261115563000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNi1lpDPk-YCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAO

Through the month of December and the weekends the Wilmington train museum hosts the Christmas light and train spectacular. Listen to your favorite holiday music as you walk through the museum with 20,000 lights and animations for the Christmas season. There are also readings of books like plan express.

Tanglewood Festival of lights, Clemmons

https://noblemeritre.com/tanglewood-festival-of-lights/

Here you will find more than 100 displays that are created with millions of lights. It begins in mid-November and runs through the first day of the new year. You drive through the displays in your car so don't worry about the cold weather. After the lights stop by Gift Village. Each year Lowe's food sponsors S'moresville where you can purchase a marshmallow on a stick or a kit to make your own s'mores.