5 Of The Best Musicals Ever Made That Are A Must See

All of my favorite musicals.

260

Theatre has been a huge part of my life. Growing up I was always involved in local theatre productions and even know as an adult I am still very much involved in theatre. Due to this, I have an undying love for musicals. They are a chance to be entertained, relate to characters, and forget your problems for a bit. To celebrate my love for musicals here's a list of my five favorite musicals.

1. Phantom Of The Opera

My love for this musical goes years back. It was the first musical album I had ever listened to and one of the first professional productions I had ever seen. I love this musical because I think it can teach us a lot about looking beyond physical beauty and look at what about people makes them beautiful. Also, the music in this production is absolutely beautiful.

2. Wicked

Wicked tells the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West. It is a charming musical about friendship, love, and how things aren't always how they appear. The songs are catchy and the show is very entertaining to watch due to its dynamic characters and fun musical numbers.

3.Ghost

This musical was inspired by the movie of the same name. It follows Sam and Molly. Sam is shot and killed and comes back as a ghost. He finds a psychic that helps him communicate with those who are still living to warn Molly and catch the person behind his death. The musical has wonderful songs and the tech the show uses makes you feel like you're watching a live music video. It's definitely not like any show you've seen before!

4. Annie

This musical is a classic. It follows the story of an orphan named Annie. The music is catchy and fun to sing along with and the musical is a very touching story. Also, there's a dog in it and who doesn't love dogs?!

5. Chicago

This musical follows the story of Velma and Roxie who are being tried for murders they have committed as they compete to be the most famous criminal. The musical was choreographed by Bob Fosse, and let's be real who doesn't love a little Fosse?! Along with the choreography, it has catchy musical numbers and a fabulous storyline that satirizes the justice system.

What are some of your favorite musicals?