15 Of The Best Lauren Conrad Quotes

15 Of The Best Lauren Conrad Quotes

Sometimes, you just have to take a step back and realize what's important in your life.
141

From her days on Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, to The Hills, to being a bestselling author and having her own fashion empire, Lauren Conrad has always been an icon.

Hard working, a great friend, insightful, and clever, LC is someone I have always looked up to, and it's not common to be able to see your role models grow and change throughout the years in such an in-depth way. Here are some of Lauren Conrad's best quotes.

1. "When you are looking to meet someone, you are looking to settle. Because you are not looking for someone, you are looking for anyone.”

Truth and time tell all!

2. “Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you.”

All relationships are about give and take. If someone isn't upset at the thought of losing you, they're probably not worth your time.

3. “Love is not a maybe thing, you know when you love someone.”

LC was so young, but so wise.

4. “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless drama over and over again.”

We saw Lauren and her friends constantly rehashing the same drama, but no one ever complained about having to dole out the same advice twice. If someone is a true friend, they'll always be there for you. Big thanks to my best friends for always listening to me and giving me advice.

5. “You never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it is no longer a mistake. It is a choice”.

Sometimes, it's a choice the first time too.

6. "I don't need people like that in my life, you know what I mean? Like, I have too many good people in my life to try and have bad ones too."

It's hard to cut toxic people out of your life, but sometimes, it's necessary.

7. "I trust you as far as I can throw you, and I don’t even think I can lift you."

Savage.

8. "As people grow up, they realize it’s less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones."

Thank you to all of my real friends. I love you, always.

9. "The only thing there really is to do is forgive and forget. So, I really do. I want to forgive you, and I want to forget you."

One of the most iconic quotes from LC. She made us realize that while you may not be able to forgive someone, it's better to try to let it go than to keep that negativity locked inside.

10. "I don't think it's about trusting people, it's about knowing who to trust."

Unfortunately, not everyone you meet will be deserving of your trust, and no one knows that better than LC. Trust your gut if you think someone is not being honest with you. Listen to your mom; she knows your fake friends before you do.

11. "I just don't really want to settle, and I don't think I should have to."

Never settle for anything.

12. "If you do a really bad thing, or if you do a really shady thing, be like 'I was shady.' Like, just 'fess up to it. That's it."

Confrontation is uncomfortable, but if someone means something to you, you'll suck it up and talk it out, even if that means admitting you were wrong.

13. "Until you treat me like a friend, I'm not gonna talk to you like one."

Sometimes, you've done everything you can and that's all you can do. The ball has to be in the other persons court, and until then, it's out of your hands.

14. "If you really wanna be with someone, it should be someone you really like, someone you're really proud to be with, and you should want to call them your boyfriend or girlfriend."

This applies to all relationships. If you're not proud to call someone your friend, you shouldn't be friends.

15. "Life's tough, get a helmet."

Oh, LC, where would we be without your insight?