The 5 Best Jokers Of All Time

The new teaser trailer for Joaquin Phoenix's "Joker" is here and it's absolutely insane. The famous DC Comic book Villain Phoenix portrays is notorious for his maniacal laugh and extensive clown make up. The Joker is arguably the most recognizable superhero-villain of all time as he's been featured in an extensive amount of shows and movies. With that being said, here's a list of the top five best Jokers of all time.

Heath Ledger

The late Heath Ledger turned the Joker from a joke (sorry had to say it) to a certifiably insane criminal. Ledger's Joker was released to the audience six months after his death and his hauntingly beautiful performance sets him a bar above the rest.

Jack Nicholson 

As we all know, Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest actors of our time. He brings his own personality to the character and brings a vibrancy no other could pull off.

Mark Hamill

A little known fact, but the "Star War" hero has played the Joker in a number of animated shows in movies. His voice as Batman's archenemy is almost iconic at this point.

Cesar Romero

Before you write this rendition off, think about the times in which Romero’s Joker was displayed. He was the first to bring the notorious villain to life and his cooky character set the bar for all the Joker’s to come

Jared Leto

The movie "Suicide Squad" did not give Leto's Joker justice. This fresh take on the villain showed an interesting “hip-hop" complete with extensive tattoos and capped teeth