Best Insults In 'Hamilton'

Best Insults In 'Hamilton'

The founding fathers had some great insults in the Broadway musical.

3580
Best Insults In 'Hamilton'
Hamilton Broadway

The Broadway show "Hamilton" has been talked about non-stop recently, and its success is very well-deserved. If you have seen the musical or have listened to the cast recording, you know that the insults the characters would make Alexander Hamilton himself proud. While I am not promoting the use of these insults at other humans, I have compiled a list of some of the best insults from the musical "Hamilton."

1. “My dog speaks more eloquently than thee.”

During “Farmer Refuted,” Hamilton burns Samuel Seabury, a loyalist, with this line.

2. “Honestly, you shouldn’t even talk.”

Hamilton also fires this insult at Seabury in “Farmer Refuted,” and I think everyone can relate to a situation where they wanted to tell someone this.

3. “Obnoxious, arrogant, loudmouth bother.”

In “A Winter’s Ball,” I don’t think Aaron Burr could possibly fit anymore adjectives in this phrase describing Alexander Hamilton.

4. “Awesome. Wow.”

Dripping with sarcasm, King George’s line in “What Comes Next?” sounds like anyone would sound while faking happiness for someone.

5. “Thomas. That was a real nice declaration. Welcome to the present. We’re running a real nation.”

Hamilton serves Thomas Jefferson a reality check in “Cabinet Battle #1,” while still making a Thomas Jefferson/Declaration of Independence joke.

6. “And another thing, Mr. Age of Enlightenment.”

Also in “Cabinet Battle #1,” Hamilton also throws this jab at Thomas Jefferson.

7. “Damn, you’re in worst shape than the national debt is in.”

This is my favorite line that Hamilton insults Jefferson with during “Cabinet Battle #1,” and perhaps my favorite insult in the whole show.

8. “Hey, turn around, bend over, I’ll show you where my shoe fits.”

Another great insult in "Cabinet Battle #1."

9. “I hope that you burn.”

Eliza's line in "Burn" embodies how most feel after getting his/her heart broken.