6 Of The Best Hotels Near The University Of Kentucky Campus

The last thing you want is for your parents to end up sleeping on your couch, with god-knows-what hiding under those cushions.

212
Instagram

It’s that time of year again. In an attempt to prevent your mom from sleeping on a crumb-invested and beer covered couch, I’ve compiled a list of the six best hotels near the University of Kentucky campus.

Because, that's right, parents bought every obnoxious t-shirt from the online gift shop and have the flags repping your school’s mascot securely fastened to either side of their car — good ole parents weekend.

Is it socially acceptable to bring your parents to a frat party? Will my dad attempt to outdrink all of the newly recruited pledges? Will my mom relive her glory days and do a keg stand? Oh, the possibilities.

A weekend of free meals, free booze, and entertainment. Can’t forget to milk those free grocery runs too — if you’re willing to brave the Euclid Kroger Sunday scaries you might as well do it with your parents.

Nothing better than showing your parents why you love your school so much. And in order to ensure that they have the best experience possible, it is essential that you find the best hotels near the University of Kentucky campus to accommodate their needs. The last thing you want is for your parents to end up sleeping on your couch, with god-knows-what hiding under those cushions.

1. 21c Museum Hotel Lexington

This 88-room boutique hotel also serves as an art museum, showcasing more than 7,000 square feet of exhibition space. How cool is that?!

This boutique hotel is also home to one of Lexington's trendiest new restaurants. Lockbox. Known for its local ingredients and contemporary vibe, this restaurant draws an even bigger crowd to this sleek downtown venue.

2. Hilton Lexington/Downtown

Connected to Rupp Arena, this hotel is the perfect pick for all the die-hard Cats fans. The location of this hotel provides a beautiful view of downtown and is a short five minutes from the University's campus.

Whether you're looking to grab a drink before the game at the Bigg Blue Martini bar or looking for a post-game meal at the Triangle Grille, this hotel has it all.

3. Hyatt Regency Lexington

With exclusive access to the Lexington Convention Center and in close proximity to Rupp Arena, the Hyatt Regency also serves as a popular spot during basketball season. This hotel is also within minutes of campus and walking distance of great local restaurants.

For those not looking to dine out, BlueFire Bar & Grille is located in the lobby.

4. DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington

Located on Richmond Road nearly ten minutes from campus, DoubleTree suites serves as full-service convention hotel with 5,000 square feet of meeting space.

With a fully equipped fitness center and pool, this hotel is a great option for those looking to get out of downtown, get some work down — while still having access to everything Lexington has to offer.

5. Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington Green

With its close proximity to the Fayette Mall, Embassy Suites is surrounded by Lexington's top shops and restaurants. This hotel is nearly ten minutes from campus and within fifteen minutes of Keeneland and the Bluegrass Airport. They also feature a complimentary shuttle service within three miles of the hotel.

This is the perfect place for those looking to hit up the mall with the fam and get those coveted new arrivals that you've been eyeing since November. The struggle.

6. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lexington

Approximately five miles from campus and the Bluegrass Airport, this serves as another popular spot for families. This particular hotel is unique as it's the only Kentucky hotel overlooking the Red Mile Harness Racetrack. And all along I thought Keeneland was the only racetrack in Lex!

With these options, there's no need to wake up to your dad asking to use your bathroom that you haven't cleaned since move-in day.

For those looking for the best restaurants to take your parents to while they're in town (free food), check out my top picks here!