Best Holiday Movies Based On What You're Looking For

Romance? Comedy? There is a holiday movie no matter what you're looking for, and this is the place to find them!

8
"Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

There are many great things about the holiday season, spending time with family, shopping, gift exchanges, and holiday parties, but, in my opinion, the movies are the best part. There are holiday movies for every type of person (even horror since they released "Krampus"). So here is an array of movies you may want to watch to get into the holiday spirit this year.

If you're looking for something different: "The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)"

Pic: "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" is peculiar in its ability to act as both a Halloween and a Christmas movie. It follows Jack Skellington from Halloween Town to Christmas Town and his journey as he sees what can happen when two worlds collide.

If you're watching with kids: "Frosty the Snowman (1969)"

Pic: "Frosty the Snowman"

Frosty is a classic about a magical living snowman, his friendships with the children of his town, and a miserly magician out to take all of that away.

If you're trying to feel warm and fuzzy: "Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1957/2000)"

Pic: "Dr. Suess's How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is a favorite of children and adults alike. It tells the time-old tale of a scrooge-like character who hates Christmas because of his past mistreatment by society. Whether watching the 57' old-fashioned cartoon, or the updated 2000 version, the Grinch will make even the coldest heart feel something around the most wonderful time of the year.

If you're looking for something funny: "Elf (2003)"

Pic: "Elf"

Will Ferrel does it again in this hilarious Christmas tale. A man raised as an elf at the North Pole finds out he is adopted and leaves on a journey to New York City in search of his birth parents. The fish-out-of-water scenario leads to many comical moments as Buddy helps teach his new family the true meaning of Christmas.

If you're looking for something romantic: "Love Actually (2003)"

Pic: "Love Actually"

Don't let the fact that this is a holiday movie fool you, this is one of the most romantic movies there is. "Love Actually" follows eight couples during the holidays as they traverse love and snow through their intricately woven tales. As one character in the movie says, "at Christmas, you tell the truth."

If you're looking for a classic: "It's a Wonderful Life (1946)"

Pic: "It's a Wonderful Life"

Talk about a classic. "It's a Wonderful Life" has been referenced as one of the most quintessential holiday movies ever. When businessman George Bailey begins to doubt his importance and self-worth, an angel comes to him and shows him, through a series of visions, what life would be like without him. "It's a Wonderful Life" will touch your heart and remind you to keep your loved ones close this holiday season.

Did your favorite movie make the list? Do you have more to add? Feel free to add all of your holiday classics by leaving them in the comments.

Happy holidays, everyone!