5 Healthy Drinks To Boost Your Energy

5 Healthy Drinks To Boost Your Energy

Not your basic iced coffee.

89
5 Healthy Drinks To Boost Your Energy

Going on a semester-long coffee binge is not the most sustainable source of energy for your body. At this point in the school year, there are only two months left until summer – you just have to keep up your motivation through finals! If you feel like your eating habits have become exceptionally bad and want to get healthy for summer, try swapping out your morning coffee with these energy-boosting alternatives. With little to no caffeine, these replacements for coffee will fill your body with healthy calories that will help you power through your day the natural way!

1. Iced Green Tea & Lemonade

There is nothing more refreshing than an iced tea and lemonade combo! Natural green tea contains a small dose of caffeine and the amino acid L-theanine, which work together to give you a sustainable energy boost. Green tea is known to improve brain function so you will have the added bonus of increasing your focus.

2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie

Combine mixed berries and peanut butter powder in a DIY smoothie for a delicious drink that is packed with protein! This powerful energy booster will also help you meet your nutritional needs because it contains fruit, antioxidants, and just enough carbs to get you ready to take on the day.

3. Citrus Spritzer

A glass of orange juice with a splash of seltzer is an easy DIY citrus spritzer that will taste amazing. Drinking orange juice has many health benefits including vitamin C, ascorbic acid (the basic component of collagen), and it even has anti-inflammatory properties. But the best part of all is that the citrus will elevate your energy to keep you from crashing throughout your day.

4. Cold Brew Mint Tea

Mint tea has been linked to enhanced memory and increased alertness. To make your own energy-boosting drink, simply brew a few cups of hot mint tea on the stove and then chill it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you will have a delicious iced drink that will sharpen your mental awareness while reducing stressors that get you down. Coffee could never live up to such a promise!

5. Coconut Water

Coconut water is an excellent alternative for those who don't like drinking regular water. This replacement contains a great number of nutrients including fiber, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Coconut water also makes for an ideal post-workout drink because it contains enough electrolytes to compete with your favorite sports drink.