The Top 8 Horror Films On My List For October

What to watch in the dark all throughout October.

47

The seasons have changed and so have the months. October is here, which means it's Halloween time. From pumpkins, hayrides, leaves, to candy, and trick or treat, people do all these things throughout the month to get into the Halloween spirit. Let's not forget the horror and spooky films that once gave people nightmares. From Freddy Krugger to Pennywise, here are the top horror films on my list this month.

1. "It"

Audiences last year tuned into the remake of the beloved horror classic and were left speechless. From the kids to Pennywise, this one is bound to leave you mind-blown. While older horror movies are more challenging to find on store shelves then newer ones, consumers can easily find both. The new and old versions sell for cheap prices. This will also prepare audiences for the sequel set to hit the big screen next fall.

2. "A Nightmare on Elm Street"

Freddy Kruger was always a popular name. Especially, this time of year. This movie was also the start of Johhny Depp's career. On a spooky night, why not see where it all began for the man behind some spooky characters.

3. "Halloween"

Known for it's catchy theme song, forty years later, Michael Myers is making a big screen comeback. What will happen? To those who are too old to trick or treat and can't go to a party, whether it's watching the original at home or the new one in theaters, watching this might just make your Halloween evening a little better.

4. "Scream"

Thanks to the movie, Ghostface is an icon. Children all across neighbors, put it on, on Halloween. The mask can be also be seen all over shelves during this time of year. Some even get easily freaked out by it.

5. "Child's Play"

He's that creepy doll that freaks out many. Each year, Chucky never fails to give fans a great scare. From his devious moves to his terrifying laugh, fans can't always get enough of the redheaded little doll. According to Consequence of sound, the doll in the future will be returning for an eight-part TV series.

6. "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

Twenty five years later, Tim Burton's beloved film still remains a classic. In honor of it's 25 years, the movie has returned to the big screen temporarily. Besides, who wouldn't want to catch a movie combining numerous individual's two favorite holidays?

7. "Sweeney Todd"

This is one of the various gruesome appearing characters Johhny Depp portrays. If you are looking for a thriller with some singing and dancing, Sweeney Todd is for you. Based on the 1973 play, audiences will be dancing out of their seats as gothic elements transpire.

8. "The Shining"

Another classic based on Stephen Kings number one bestseller, the film contains the notorious line "Here's Johnny." The line eventually turned into a fan favorite. The Shining was also the second movie to be based on a Stephen King book, that hit the big screen.