10 Gender-Neutral Makeup Brands Changing The Beauty Game

These Gender-Neutral Makeup Brands Aren't Just Changing The Game, They're Making A New One

Whether you're doing full drag or just want to support them on Insta.

14530

The second I started wearing makeup, I didn't just dot on a bit of concealer and lip gloss. I went straight to doing a full high-coverage foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, liner, and mascara. There may or may not have been a bit of a contour, too.

About a decade later, I now wear less makeup than I probably ever have, but I still follow all of my favorite beauty influencers and drag makeup artists on Instagram, lusting after the true art that they make out of the seemingly simple items we pass by in the aisles of Sephora and Ulta on a regular basis.

All genders have been embracing makeup for ages, but the mainstream beauty industry and mass industry giants have yet to catch up for the most part. That's where small businesses and boutique retailers championing inclusivity, the LGBTQ community, and gender neutrality in the vast beauty business.

One of the greatest things I love about the world of beauty is its ability to mirror cultural issues — these brands, below, are champions of social justice in the world of beauty.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.