15 Black-Owned Haircare Brands Catering To Inclusivity

15 Black-Owned Haircare Brands That Cater As Much To Inclusivity As They Do To Your Locks

Championing Black entrepreneurs who make some of our hair favorites.

43233

The haircare industry is vast. With the rise of social media came hundreds of thousands of empowered, niche brands. Single entrepreneurs came out of the woodwork with hair brands that now, years later, have dedicated cult followings.

Of those multitudes of brands, few cater to all hair types, most made without regard for curly or coily hair. These brands, however, are different.

One of the very small ways in which we can show our support, and serve as an ally can be to support black-owned beauty brands. These entrepreneurs making F.U.B.U. (for us, by us) brands aren't just filling a niche — they're building empires of inclusivity in the beauty world, adding representation in a space that desperately needs it.

In a world in which inclusivity and diversity often serve as an insincere marketing tactic, these brands are making groundbreaking waves towards a more inclusive future in haircare and beauty.