To My Best Friend Who Never Left My Side

Through all these years, I am surprised you didn't get tired of me. But, I am so glad you didn't.
3477

I do not know how you've done it. I don't know how you've been in my life this long and you've actually stuck around. You haven't replaced me; you have never gone astray. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you for never leaving me.

We have been best friends for as long as I can remember, through elementary school, middle school, and high school. There was no point in all of those years that I doubted our friendship. Yes, we have had our fair share of disagreements. And by fair share, I mean, A LOT. But, you are just one of those couple of people that I can be mad at one second, then the very next second, forget what we were even fighting over.

You know all there is to know about me, including all of the bad. You know about my wrongdoings, my embarrassing stories and my lowest points; you've lived most of them out with me. Yet knowing all of this, you do not view me any differently; I am still your best friend. You always give your opinion on my life choices, whether I want to hear it or not. You encourage me, rather than tear me down.

I actually feel selfish for ever thinking I have been alone. Because, thinking about it now, you have never let me experience the true meaning of loneliness. No matter what happens, I know my best friend will drop anything and everything to be there for me.

You have been right next to me through everything as if I had an extra limb. When my mom was not there, you were there. When my dad was gone, you were there. When my great grandma was in the hospital, you were there; as well as when she passed. When my boyfriend and I broke up, you were there. Through all the heartache I have endured, you've been my shoulder to cry on, literally.

I do not know what I did to deserve someone like you to come into my life. All I know is that I am forever grateful that the good Lord blessed me with you as my best friend. I don't quite tell you enough how much you mean to me, so I hope you see it now. I love you so much. Thank you for never leaving my side.

XO and best wishes,

Ashley Rose Corbin