Dear Best Friend, Thank You For Everything

Thank you for everything throughout the years.

1369
Kia Isherwood

Nine years ago, you asked me to go to Michael Jackson's “This Is It” with you. Nine years ago, we scheduled weekly playdates. Nine years ago, you became my best friend. There are so many memories that come to mind when I think of our friendship.

All the sleepovers where we would sleep in your living room watching tv and movies for hours, just laughing our heads off. All the times we went ghost hunting because we thought for sure there was paranormal activity going on, especially in your crawl space. And, the time we went to Minneapolis with my grandparents and had a blast at the Judy Garland museum. Like I said, so many memories that we could name off the top of our head.

Instead of naming off every memory that we have ever made throughout these nine years, I wanted to thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You were there for me when I felt as though I had no one. You were the shoulder I could cry on after all those guys that had hurt me. You were also there for all my happy news.

You have never turned me down when I needed you, and I can’t tell you how lucky I am. I appreciate you so much and you deserve so much more, way more; and you may not see that or maybe you do, but I hope one day, you get just that.

You are the most selfless, caring, spontaneous, outgoing, hardworking, girl boss and woman I have ever met. I look up to you for how much motivation you truly have.

As all best friends, we have had our fair shares of ups and downs. I think our friendship is so meaningful because we have gotten through those downs. No matter the situation, we have gotten through it and I think it really has made us and our friendship stronger.

You have become more than my best friend. You have become my other half and my sister. I wouldn’t want anyone else by my side throughout life itself.

I really don’t know where I would be if you weren’t in my life. One day, when we are old ladies, we can laugh about all our memories and shenanigans. But most importantly, I want to thank you.

You have no Idea how thankful I truly am. Thank you for being there, and thank you for being you. Thank you for all the random drives just listening to our favorite songs; thank you for going through the emo phase with me; thank you and your family for being a second home to me; and, thank you for asking me to go to the movie with you nine years ago.

Sincerely, your best friend