To My Best Friend, You Deserve Better.

To My Best Friend, You Deserve Better.

You deserve the world, and he isn't it.

12514
To My Best Friend, You Deserve Better.
Brooklyn Lambert

Since I have earned the title of being your best friend, I have many responsibilities. Responsibilities that include being your late night phone call after he breaks your heart, or the person you run to when you just want to cry because you don't know what to do. I see you hurt, I see your pain, I see your tears. I listen to the way he says that you are always in the wrong. I notice you drop everything to make sure that you are able to take care of his wants and needs. I watch you love him unconditionally but wait for that feeling to be reciprocated from the person who says they love you. As your best friend, I see all of this and I have one thing to say.

You deserve better.

I 100% understand, you love him. You love the way he makes you feel on those good days, he will tell you that you are beautiful and that he is so lucky. You love the fact that you always have your person, someone who knows you like the back of their own hand. You love sharing those little moments with someone who you have grown so close to. But one of the most dangerous things about love is that it blinds you. It hides all his flaws, it shoves aside all the awful things he says to you. The love you have for him buries everything that I wish you could see for yourself. If only you see what I see, then you would understand.

From the outside looking in and as your best friend, I KNOW you can do better.

When I became your best friend, I signed that invisible contract stating that I would be there for you through thick and thin. That I would become your other half, meaning I would share every single life experience with you. Finally, I signed up to be the most honest person in your life. With all that being said, when he walks out on that argument that you really wish he would just work through with you, my heart hurts just as much as yours does. When he says that he is going to change, but doesn't after the seventh chance you have given him, I am just as disappointed as you are. Those screenshots you send me of the texts that he sent to those other girls, I am just as infuriated as you are. Whatever you feel, I feel because it is what I signed up for. I would not say that you deserve better if I truly did not think you did.

But in this case, you do.

You may be beginning to understand where I am coming from. Knowing you, you are probably starting to feel those multiple heartbreaks that he has given you as you read this. But once again you will try to put all of this behind you because you want to see the best in him. You want to continue loving him because you can't picture life without him. You have given him your heart, and you are not quite ready to take it back yet. You will try to talk to him about how you feel like you may deserve better, he will come up with the smallest reason for you to stay, and you will. You will stay because you are willing to hold on to anything that makes it seem okay to stay with him. Manipulation at its best, he uses your love to his best advantage because he knows that you will do anything for him. And he is right.

But you deserve better than this.

I'm not mad. I'm not upset. I'm not disappointed. I just hurt because I see the pain he causes you. Not only that, but I miss my best friend. I miss that annoying laugh you would bust out after singing the most obnoxious songs with me on our nightly drives. I miss our dance parties that we used to have after eating an absurd amount of ice cream. I miss you. I want my best friend to be filled with joy, smile more than frown, feel like a million bucks every damn day of the week, and to be happy again.

Because this IS what you deserve.

You don't have to do anything. You don't have to end anything with him, you can choose to listen to me or just read it and go on. Because as your best friend, I have to support your decisions and be by your side through everything. I love you.

I just thought that you deserved to know that you deserve to be the happiest girl in the world. You deserve better.