Best friends boyfriend

To My Best Friends Boyfriend, Thank You For Taking Care Of Her When I'm Not Around

I never feel like a third feel and you've become sort of like a brother to me.

2510
Nyah Kite

Thank you. You make her the happiest I have ever seen her and that means the world to me. She loves you with all of her heart, and I know that the feeling is mutual. Thank you for not being a boyfriend who doesn't let her spend time with her best friend. And thank you for not making me feel like a third wheel when we all hang out.

You've become like a brother to me over the three years I've known you. You're one of the nicest, most genuine people I know, but you also know how to intimidate someone into leaving me alone. I know you won't hesitate to rough someone up for messing with me, even if it means having to drive two hours away to do so.

One of the things I miss the most about being home is getting to spend time with you and Ashley and hearing you call me "Patrice" instead of my first name. Others have tried to give me that nickname, but it doesn't have the same ring. Anytime Ashley comes to get me, it's always followed by, "Jake said he misses Patrice," and I always laugh.

Watching you grow over these three years has inspired me so much. You've got your own apartment, your own vehicle, and you still make sure you have time to spend with Ashley, and I know that means the world to her. I know it might sound weird, but I am so proud of who you've become and who you're pushing to be.

I'm not going to put any of the "if you hurt my best friend I'll…" in this letter, because firstly, I know I couldn't do any physical harm to you, and secondly, it's pointless because I know how much you love that girl. But, I will say this; please don't hurt her. Always make her happy. Don't rush to decide something, and always, always, make sure she goes to sleep knowing that you love her.

You and Ashley are the family that I will forever cherish. We're not blood, but you and her both treat me like we are. Without you guys, I wouldn't have been able to make it through my first semester at school. Y'all encouraged me to keep going and to not give up on classes or to give up on writing.

So, to my best friends boyfriend, thank you for everything you do. From treating her with the most love I have ever seen from a boyfriend of hers to treating me with the most respect I have ever gotten from any of my friends' significant others. Without you, I might still be stuck on a boy who doesn't care about me, or even worse, never have gotten to meet my cat nephew, Lil Boat.

Keep being you.

Sincerely,

Patrice