10 Best Drugstore Mascaras That Will Really Get You More Bang For Your Buck

Find your next favorite drugstore mascara here.

281
Into the Gloss

Last week I talked about both the best and worst of drugstore foundation. This week, let's take a look at the best mascara the drugstore has to offer.

"High-end" mascara from Ulta Beauty or Sephora can run anywhere from $23 or higher, so when you can find a great mascara for under $15 at Walmart or CVS, it's always a great find. Here are my favorite drugstore mascaras.

1. Colossal Big Shot Mascara (Maybelline)

A newer mascara, this one is the best waterproof mascara I've ever used. It would not come off in the shower and I had to use makeup remover to get it all off! It wouldn't even run when I washed my face in the shower, it was that waterproof. I loved the brush and I felt like it gave my lashes good volume with a few coats or if I just wanted a subtle look, just one coat was enough.

2. Colossal Cat Eye Mascara (Maybelline)

This was one of the first mascaras I ever got. It comes in a yellow and leopard bottle and that's pretty much the reason that I got it at the time. The wand is curved and it really curls your lashes and gives you length and volume as well.

3. Falsies Pushup Angel Mascara (Maybelline)

This one wasn't my favorite for a while, but when I learned how to use the very unique wand, I loved it. It gave your lashes a push-up and the wand let you get right into your inner corner and well as your outer corner as well as get your lower lash line without getting mascara all over your under eyes.

4. Spider Effect Mascara (Maybelline)

Can you tell I like Maybelline mascara?? Honestly, I hated this mascara at first, but once I played with it enough and learned how to use the wand right (this one has a pretty weird wand too) I loved it. It did such a great job with thickening up my lashes and making them look fuller on my top lash line that it made me look like I had falsies on.

5. Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara (Maybelline)

This mascara is very wet when you first apply it, don't ask me why, but for some reason, this formula is wetter than any other I've ever used. You have to be careful when applying it and careful after you apply it for a minute or so to let it dry, but the results are gorgeous.

7. The Rocket Mascara (Maybelline)

This. Mascara. Is. Amazing. The brush grabs every single lash on your eyelid and coats it in mascara like no other brush/wand I've ever used before. Maybelline does a great job with their volumizing mascaras and this one is one of the best!

8. Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara (Covergirl)

This one is a two in one mascara and I love it. One side primes your lashes with an almost brown mascara and the other gives you volume and length. I absolutely love what it does for my lashes.

9. Maximum Lashes Mascara (Ulta Collection)

This mascara has the coolest wand with pokey little bristles that grab your lashes so well and give you so much length. The long bristles make it perfect for your lower lash line and give you a clean application along the bottom of your eye.

10. Volume Stylist 18 hour Curl and Hold Mascara (Essence Beauty)

This is my new favorite mascara, I've been using it over my high-end mascaras for the past week. I got it because a beauty YouTuber (Casey Holmes) recommended it in one of her videos recently and I am in love. It does everything I want and need a mascara to do and if you apply multiple coats, you look like you have falsies on.

What's your favorite drugstore mascara?