The Top 18 Best Dressed At The 2019 Met Gala

New York's most prestigious night was filled with tons of interesting fashion statements.

96
@kimkardashian

The Met Gala, which always falls on the first Monday of May, takes place at no other than the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Celebrities, athletes, models, and more walk the pink carpet up the Met steps in fashion statements that are like nothing ever seen before.

This year's theme was Camp: Notes on Fashion, which allows those invited to be very playful and exaggerated with their outfits. The theme is very open to interpretation, and we saw a ton of wacky and memorable fashion statements on Monday night. With a theme as open-ended as this one, there were some outfits that were singled out as the best of the best, in no particular order, of course.

1. Anna Wintour

Anna Wintour Met Gala

The head of Vogue is the leading lady of every Met Gala and approves the final list of who gets to attend. She was dressed in a pink sequined Chanel gown with a pink and purple cape to match.

2. Serena Williams

Serena Williams Met Gala

Williams was one of the co-hosts of the event and wore a bright neon yellow Versace gown that was covered in pink petals all the way down her train. The best part of her outfit? The Nike sneakers that match the color of her gown.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Met Gala

Lady Gaga didn't just walk the Met steps... she did it four times. She undressed right on the carpet revealing four different outfits all designed by Brandon Maxwell. She was another co-host of the event and definitely made Met Gala history.

4. Yara Shahidi

Yara Shahidi Met Gala

The 19-year-old actress sparkled from head to toe in a Prada bodysuit and bedazzled leggings. She paired her outfit with a black feathered shawl and added a beaded design on her eye.

5. Kris Jenner

Kris Jenner Met Gala

Kris Jenner walked the pink carpet wearing a Tommy Hilfiger jumpsuit and a ruffled gray jacket. A few hours before the event, her daughter, Kylie Jenner, convinced her to go blonde; and she looks fabulous!

6. Camila Mendes and Charles Melton

Charles and Camila Met Gala

The two "Riverdale" co-stars attended their very first Met Gala together. Camila's eye makeup matched her yellow feathered dress and light blue bow tied around her waist. Charles Melton sported a sparkly navy suit. The two next to each other create an epic look that is one to remember.

7. Gal Gadot

Gal Gadot Met Gala

Gadot wore a white laced mini dress with thigh-high boots to match. Her crystal headpiece added some bling to her outfit, proving she really is Wonder Woman.

8. Halsey

Halsey Met Gala

Halsey walked the Met Gala pink carpet for her first time wearing a candy-apple-red two-piece gown. Her gold bracelets add an extra splash of color and her long brown hair makes the look complete. This woman can rock any hairstyle.

9. Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes Met Gala

Mendes is only 20 but looks so much older than that in his black Saint Laurent suit. He added gold streaks to his hair, making him look even more dreamy than usual.

10. Rachel Brosnahan

Rachel Brosnahan Met Gala

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel traded her dark hair for blonde locks and looks almost unrecognizable. Her sheer, pink floral dress is simple and elegant, making it a stand-out of the night.

11. Zendaya

Zendaya Met Gala

Cinderella, is that you? Zendaya dressed up like the fairy tale princess, complete with a light-up dress and fairy godmother.

12. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez

Jlo and Arod Met Gala

The newly engaged couple walked the pink carpet for the third year in a row. JLo was dressed in silver glimmer from head to toe, including her short sparkling wig. ARod looked dapper in a pink suit, and he did what he does best: giving JLo her own moment in front of the cameras.

13. Bella Hadid

Bella Hadid Met Gala

Bella rocked a black Moschino dress designed with dozens of rainbow jewels. Her short pixie cut looks beautiful and sleek on her, and I would not be opposed to her cutting her hair like that for real.

14. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth

Miley and Liam Met Gala

Miley rocked a green and black striped dress with polka dot stockings and platform heels. Liam Hemsworth, her husband, wore an all-black suit that complimented her outfit very well.

15. Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse

Cole and Lili Met Gala

"Riverdale"'s favorite on and off-screen duo attended their second Met Gala just one year after making their red-carpet debut as a couple at last year's event. Cole's red, flowery suit and Lili's blue dress with a long train were both created by the same designer, Salvatore Ferragamo. Couple goals!

16. James Charles

James Charles Met Gala

James Charles walked up the Met Gala steps for the first time wearing an outfit designed by Alexander Wang. His top is completely made out of safety pins, matching his signature earring that he always has on.

17. Ashley Graham

Ashley Graham Met Gala

Graham was decked out in Gucci from head to toe, including her hair accessories. Her red and green blazer was paired with nothing other than her crystal-encrusted tights.

18. Kendall and Kylie Jenner

Kendall and Kylie Jenner Met Gala

The Jenner sisters were dressed in a Versace ensemble of bright colored feathers. Kylie's purple hair matched her lavender dress while Kendall's dark locks were the perfect contrast to her bright orange gown. These two showed off looks that will definitely go down in Met Gala history.