Criminal Minds quotes that have deep meanings.

30 'Criminal Minds' Quotes That Will Have You Questioning The Meaning Of Life

These Criminal Minds quotes will have you up all night thinking about your life's true meaning.

1659

With season 15 under wrap, "Criminal Minds" has basically come to an end. This iconic crime series has captivated fans for years. The show pulled viewers in not only because of the intense, mind-blowing plots but because of the life lessons and perspectives that the show provided.

These lessons and words of wisdom were always given in quote form at the end of each episode. I decided to pull out some of these quotes from seasons 1-14. The following quotes are deep, and they will have you thinking about what the real purpose of life actually is.

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." 

Season 1 Episode 1. Quote by Joseph Conrad. Said by Gideon.

"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."

Season 1 Episode 1. Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche. Said by Gideon.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?"

Season 1 Episode 9. Quote by Albert Einstein. Said by Reid.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Season 1 Episode 15. Quote by Abraham Lincoln. Said by Elle.

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone."

Season 2 Episode 1. Quote by Rose Kennedy. Said by Reid.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." 

Season 2 Episode 4. Quote by Oscar Wilde. Said by Hotch.

"It's not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it."

Season 2 Episode 7. Quote by Erich Fromm. Said by JJ.

"All secrets are deep. All secrets become dark. That's in the nature of secrets." 

Season 2 Episode 112. Quote by Cory Doctorow. Said by Morgan.

"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living."

Season 2 Episode 16. Quote by Cicero. Said by Reid.

"There can be no good without evil."

Season 2 Episode 20. Quote by Russian proverb. Said by Prentiss.

"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none."

Season 3 Episode 9. Quote by William Shakespeare. Said by Garcia.

"A woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."

Season 3 Episode 19. Quote by Susan B. Anthony. Said by JJ.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”

Season 4 Episode 2. Quote by Chuck Palahniuk. Said by Hotch.

"We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it."

Season 4 Episode 10. Quote by Ayn Rand. Said by Morgan.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

Season 5 Episode 14. Quote by Sir Walter Scott. Said by Prentiss.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

Season 5 Episode 22. Quote by George Bernard Shaw. Said by Hotch.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." 

Season 6 Episode 12. Quote by Helen Keller. Said by Reid.

"And yet to every bad there's a worse."

Season 6 Episode 24. Quote by Thomas Hardy. Said by Hotch.

"I've always heard every ending is also a new beginning, we just don't know it at the time, I'd like to believe that's true." 

Season 7 Episode 24. Quote by Emily Prentiss. Said by Prentiss.

"The greatest good you can do for another, is not to share your own riches, but to reveal to him, his own." 

Season 8 Episode 6. Quote by Benjamin Disraeli. Said by Reid.

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life." 

Season 8 Episode 23. Quote by Richard Bach. Said by Hotch.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

Season 9 Episode 13. Quote by John Dryden. Said by Morgan.

"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."

Season 9 Episode 13. Quote by Paul Boese. Said by Rossi.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." 

Season 10 Episode 18. Quote by Oscar Wilde. Said by Reid.

"Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we're proud of. We are what we chose to be."

Season 10 Episode 23. Quote by Graham Brown. Said by Kate.

"The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible, but these obstacles have never been sufficient reason to remain ashore." 

Season 11 Episode 22. Quote by Ferdinand Magellan. Said by Lewis.

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."

Season 12 Episode 20. Quote by Soren Kiekegaard. Said by Reid.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

Season 13 Episode 20. Quote by Anonymous. Said by Prentiss.

"We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality."

Season 14 Episode 4. Quote by Iris Murdoch. Said by Prentiss.

"We all have a monster within; the difference is in degree, not in kind."

Season 12 Episode 15. Quote by Douglas Preston. Said by JJ.