The most outstanding crime movies ever made.

10 Crime Movies That Still Stand The Test Of Time

These movies are the cream of the crop when it comes to crime at the movie theater.

9
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0l2sTDoA6q/
@thebestmoviesiveseen Instragram

Some of the greatest movies of all time fall into the crime genre. Movies with great action, drama, and storytelling leave their mark on the silver screen. The best filmmakers and actors also find their way into these movies. These movies are the cream of the crop when it comes to crime at the movie theater.

1. "Goodfellas" (1990)

static01.nyt.com

"Goodfellas" is a cinematic masterpiece full of drama, violence, and banter. Directed by Martin Scorsese, "Goodfellas" tells the true story of gangster Henry Hill and his undertakings with the mob. Everything from the acting, direction, and editing makes this film an all-timer. Scorsese caters a near perfect model of life in the mob.

2. "The Departed" (2006)

realityisscary.files.wordpress.com

"The Departed" is another Scorsese film that reveres life in the Boston mob. Starring Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jack Nicholson, "The Departed" tells the story of a mole in the Boston mob and a rat in the Massachusetts State Police. "The Departed" delivered Scorsese's first Oscar for Best Director and is still the pinnacle of crime films.

3. "L.A. Confidential" (1997)

L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, front, from left: James Cromwell, Guy Pearce, Kevin Spacey; back: Russell Crowe,

imagesvc.meredithcorp.io

"L.A. Confidential" tells the story of three cops in 1950s Los Angeles. Starring Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, and Guy Pearce, "L.A. Confidential" a film full of corruption, turmoil, and backstabbing. The film should still be considered a jewel in the crime drama.

4. "Heat" (1995)

m.media-amazon.com

"Heat" was released over twenty years ago and to this day it is the film all crime films. Robert De Niro plays a professional thief in Los Angeles. While Al Pacino plays a cop with the LAPD. "Heat" presents audiences with a showdown between Pacino and De Niro. The nearly three-hour movie will enable viewers days after watching it.

5. "Fargo" (1996)

cdn.theatlantic.com

"Fargo" is another classic from the 90s and it has not lost a step since it premiered. The dark crime picture has been a popular fan favorite since it hit theaters. Frances McDormand won her first Oscar as Best Actress for her role in "Fargo". Her performance is still one of the best in the entire crime genre.

6. "Bonnie and Clyde" (1967)

static.rogerebert.com

"Bonnie and Clyde" is still one of the greatest films of the genre, even fifty-two years later. In the Depression era, America two thieves roam the country and steal from banks. It is a simple premise, but it is so well executed and still holds up all these years later. "Bonnie and Clyde" is still a well respected movie and it always will be.

7. "Baby Driver" (2017)

pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com

"Baby Driver" only hit theaters a couple of years ago. But it was immediately embraced by fans and critics. The film is full of great drama and phenomenal acting. Not to mention a killer soundtrack. Director Edgar Wright did a sensational job in directing the action. The car chase scenes in the film are some of the best to hit the silver screen in recent years. As time goes on, "Baby Driver" should be considered as one of the greats.

8."The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

cms.qz.com

The Silence of the Lambs" is an all-time classic film. The 1991 film is one of only two films to win 5 major Academy Awards. Johnathan Demme won Best Director. Jodie Foster won Best Actress. Anthony Hopkins won Best Actor. It won Best Writing. And the film won Best Picture.

9. "Pulp Fiction" (1994)

i2.cdn.turner.com

"Pulp Fiction" is Quinten Tarantino's best film to date. His direction is masterful and some of his best work. Samuel L. Jackson's performance as Jules Winnfield is monumental. Paired with great writing and excellent costars, "Pulp Fiction" is a film for the ages.

10. "Fight Club" (1999)

cdn1us.denofgeek.com

"Fight Club" is a must see drama for any fan of crime and movie violence. Brad Pitt and Edward Norton star in the story of a man in a midlife crisis. What ensues will captivate viewers and leave them shell-shocked. The twist towards the end of the film is what ties it all together. And it is one of the most clever twists in movie history.

Each of these movies has a special place in the history of film. They all have great storytelling, direction, and acting. They have won awards and will continue to stand the test of time.