21 Coach Taylor Quotes College Girls Needed More Than Football Players

Quotes that will give you clear eyes and a full heart.
73

"Friday Night Lights" is one of the best football dramas to face this earth.

The best part of the show isn't the drama or the football games, its the life lessons that come along with it. Every character in this show has taught life lessons. The person that has taught the most is Coach Taylor, he has life lessons coming out of his back pocket like its nothing. His life lessons come on and off the field, he wants everyone to live up to their potential.

These quotes are only some of the best life lessons from Coach Taylor and they will leave you inspired.

1. "Every man at some point in his life is going to lose a battle, he is going to fight and he is going to lose. But what makes him a man is that in the midst of that battle he does not lose himself."

2. "Listen to me; i said you need to STRIVE to be better than anyone else. I didn't say you needed to BE better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That's what character is...it's in the tryin'"

3. "You listen to people that love you and listen to people that you trust. Most of all, you listen to yourself."

4. "Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct."

5. "I can't give you any answers. You gotta make the answers."

6. "You give 110 percent all the time, not just when you feel like it."

7. "Marriage requires maturity. Marriage requires two people that will listen, really listen to each other. Marriage, most of all, requires compromise."

8. "Suck it up. That's what being a man is."

9. "We will all be tested. It is these times, it is the pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves."

10. "Y'all are going to take responsibility for your actions, i guarantee you"

11. "Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door."

12. "You're not quitting this team. I'm not gonna let you quit. I know you. You quit this team, you're gonna hate yourself. You wanna be pissed? Fine, go ahead. You be pissed i don't give a damn. But you're not quitting this team."

13. "Don't just stand by and watch it happen"

14. "Don't quit on yourself. Don't quit on yourself."

15. "Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable, and we will all, at some point in our lives...fall. We will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts...that we have is special. That it can be taken from us, and when it is taken from us, we will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times, it is this pain, that allows us to look inside ourselves."

16. "You get one chance in life fellas. You can either take advantage of it, or you can piss it away. You do that latter, and you're gonna regret it the rest of your lives."

17. "I'm a firm believer in you can do anything you put your mind to, and yourself, you, i believe you can do anything you put your mind to."

18. "You can't beat yourself up because you're taking chances on things."

19. "There's not a single person in this room who's ever gonna be the same."

20. "If you give a hundred percent of yourself tonight, people are gonna look at you differently."

And last but not least...

21. "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose."