4 Classic Christmas Movies To Get You In The Holiday Spirit Despite A Difficult Year

If these movies can't get you into the holly jolly spirit, I don't know what can!

10
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Movie

I love Christmas. And when I say I love Christmas, I mean I am OBSESSED with everything surrounding the Christmas season. It's important not to forget the true meaning of Christmas, but these movies will help you get into the Christmas spirit. One of my favorites traditions is to watch the same Christmas movies on repeat. Corny? Maybe. Regardless, here's my four favorite classic '60s movies that help me get into the Christmas spirit!

1. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"

Join the Kringle's and the Burgermeister Meisterburger for a fun-filled fifty minutes of timeless Christmas songs, classic puppet-like cinematography, and all the Christmas vibes you felt when you were five years old. From the day after Thanksgiving beyond Christmas Day, it is a safe bet that I am watching this classic or the next one - "Jack Frost"!

2. "Jack Frost"

The classic "Jack Frost" is a Christmas masterpiece. I had the biggest crush on Jack Frost when I was younger. Who am I kidding - I still do! The quest for Jack Frost to have a normal human life is explored through this timeless classic. A must-watch for every Christmas season!

3. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

Did anyone else ever realize how many lessons and motifs there are in "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"? I noticed but not to the full extent until recently, like, wow! Anyways, this is a must-watch classic story of an outcast reindeer who gains a place in "high society" as Santa's leading reindeer. Rudolph is almost as adorable as Jack Frost, ready to cheer up your Christmas spirit with his cute red nose.

4. "The Year Without A Santa Claus"

Imagine a Christmas without Santa Claus? Everyone knows him, everyone loves him. This classic explores the pitiful year Santa Claus decided to take a holiday, leaving Mrs. Claus and his elves to navigate the project that is present-delivery on Christmas Eve! This classic tops out the four Christmas movies I watch on repeat from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Who am I kidding? I watch these movies way past Christmas; it's all a part of that holly jolly spirit!