Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard

Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard

117

Everyone knows all the original, classic Christmas music but there's other songs too that the radio doesn't play. Many artists have written their own Christmas songs and although they haven't become huge hits, they are still worth a listen during the Christmas season, especially if you're tired of hearing the same few classic songs. Here's a list of Christmas songs you should hear this year! (I know, I rhymed).

1. Santa Stole My Girlfriend

The Maine

I know, it sounds ridiculous.

The Maine came out with an awesome Christmas album back in 2008 and wrote some pretty original songs. This song has been one of my favorites because it's super fun and catchy!

"I wish my old girl, would've never kissed Saint Nick"

If you check out this song, I suggest you check out this whole album! The Maine made many songs that I love to listen to every week. If this one isn't your favorite for the holiday, you sure will find one!

2. 30 Days 'Til Christmas

NeverShoutNever

Unlike The Maine's upbeat, catchy song, this one is more slow and sad. It's super beautiful to hear and helps you think of what Christmas means to you. This song is great outside of the Christmas season too since it's basically a romance song. I can listen to it on repeat all December, such a sweet song!

3. Paper and Pen

Rocky Loves Emily

Just like the NeverShoutNever song, you can listen to this song all year, not just on Christmas. This song is so cute and beautiful I can't help but sing! Another sweet Christmas love song.

"I miss you under mistletoe, and long walks under falling snow"

4. Christmas Must Be Something More

Taylor Swift

Of course it wouldn't be a Christmas song list without some Taylor Swift! Even though she's not my favorite and her genre isn't really the same as these other songs, I love love love this song! It's so powerful and meaningful but also super fun! This is easily one of the most underrated Taylor Swift songs out there and it's been an oversight since it first came out in 2007. So shout out to T-Swift for writing a cool song about the true meaning of Christmas.

5. Christmas With You

Artist vs Poet

This is another song that is nice all year long. They're voices are so beautiful and the melody in this song is intense, like you'll want to sing it out even if you don't know the words. You can literally feel the passion behind this song when they sing. A big fave for me. This was the first year I heard it even though it's 6 years old.

6. Kiss Me Like It's Christmas

This Century

I seriously love this song so much! This song is so upbeat and fun and easily puts you into the Christmas spirit.

"Kiss me, won't you kiss me, kiss me like it's Christmas"

Love the meaning behind it. Though it's a Christmas love song like most of the others, it has a catchy Christmas vibe and tune.

7. Merry Christmas Baby

Brighten ft. The Maine

I've loved this song for many Christmas's now. This song is so chill and pretty. It's acoustic like a few of the others. The best part about this song though, is that it also has John O'Callaghan from The Maine in it! Though the song is acoustic, it gets fast and catchy in the chorus. It's super pretty and upbeat.

Even though Christmas has come to an end, I hope you guys check out these songs and keep them in mind for next season.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!