5 Best Cafes In East Lansing, MI

5 Best Cafes in East Lansing, MI

If you go to Michigan State University and need a coffee break or a new study spot, you'll definitely want to check these places out!

98
5 Best Cafes in East Lansing, MI

After much searching around the East Lansing area, I've found a few key go to locations that my friends and I would highly recommend for coffee, brunch, studying, or a place to catch up with friends. It's always nice to leave the bubble of campus and have a change of scenery every now and then.

1. For Crepe Sake

This is by far my favorite café to go to for brunch. They serve a combination of sweet and savory crepes and coffee to satisfy anyones taste! It's located on South Washington Square in Lansing, MI. I recommend trying out the breakfast crepe and the pistachio latte!

2. Strange Matter

A favorite of my friends and mine, this coffee and donut shop has two locations in Lansing and even one that you can reach by taking the Cata bus (the 1 bus down Michigan Ave) if you don't have a car! Along with great coffee, they have a variety of donuts that range from flavors such as lemon lavender to mulled wine. Perfect for when you have a sweet tooth!

3. 1855 Starbucks

Starbucks isn't exactly new to anyone, but this location has a perfect atmosphere for studying. And even thought it's still on campus (located on S. Harrison Rd.), it's an ideal spot for studying and grabbing your favorite drink.

4. Blue Owl

Technically located in Reo Town Lansing, this coffee shop is from removed from the college campus vibes and offers several different creative coffee options. You can have something as fun as an orange vanilla latte or stick to the basics with a cup of regular coffee, there's a ton to choose from!

5. Chapelure 

With adorable latte art, you can't go wrong with going to Chapelure. This coffee shop and bakery has two locations, one at Eastwood Towne Center and the other on Hagadorn Rd. Their bakery menu features items such as chocolate covered strawberries, pumpkin cheesecake, tiramisu, and more!