11 Butt Exercises That Are Easy And Effective

I love working out, it makes me feel great. It helps my mood, sleep schedule and I just feel overall healthier. Recently I wanted to focus more on my glutes than I previously had been. At the gym, I would just go to the squat bar to do my thing and call it a day. But since we have been home in quarantine I feel like squats just aren't doing it for me but even if I love doing them. Doing squats I always have felt does more for banging my thighs than it ever did for my butt. It made them so big, which I didn't mind except I felt it made my butt look pretty much the same. Straying from squats, and the fact that gyms will probably remain closed for a while, sent me on a fitness journey to see what other exercises I could do at home with no or very little equipment needed. Hopefully, these exercises will help keep your booty banging.

1. Diamond Leg Lifts

Diamond leg lifts Make sure you're warmed up, then lie face down on a bench or ottoman with hips on the edge, legs hanging off. Place heels together, bend knees, and lift!

2. Fire Hydrants

A great exercise for your glutes and your deep hip rotators. Increase strength and muscle definition with this great at-home exercise!

3. Donkey Kicks

These look simple (and they are), but they pack a MAJOR punch.

4. Leg Pulses

Small but (or butt, you choose!) mighty movements are the key to strong glute muscles.

5. Bulgarian Split Squat

You can even do these in a small apartment — they hardly require any room!

6. Step Ups

Kristen talks about how to use Step Ups as a progression option from glute activations exercise in order to build hip stability and strength, two things that are crucial for strong glutes!

7. Glute Bridges

They're fun and effective!

8. Side Plank

These side planks will actually work out all your muscles,

9. Bent Knee Side Plank

If you want to work up to a full side plank, these are a great stepping stone!

10. Squat With Abduction

Because normal squats are boring.

11. Clamshells 

Yes, you can literally lay on the ground and still work on that booty. A win-win!