18 Books To Read In 2018

18 Books To Read In 2018

17. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
247

If you're like me, you can read an entire book in probably a day or two because you spend all day with your nose tucked behind it. With the new year just beginning, lots of people are creating resolutions, myself included. I read more than the average person anyway, but one of my goals is to set more time aside for reading something other than a textbook.

Here are 18 of my favorite books to check out this year!

1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places" -Ernest Hemingway (epigraph from All the Bright Places)

2. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

"The universe took its time on you crafted you precisely so you could offer the world something distinct from everyone else so when you doubt how you were created you doubt an energy greater than us both"

-rupi kaur

3. Looking for Alaska by John Green

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on my bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane." -John Green

4. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

"The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it...some stories just don't have a happy ending." -Jodi Picoult

5. Diary of an Oxygen Thief by Anonymous

"'You think I'm joking. Don't you?'

No response.

'I'm going to dismantle us tonight. And there's nothing you can do about it. You'll have to sit there and listen while I wrench the u from the s. You'll question your own judgment. Maybe you'll never really trust yourself again. I hope so. Because if I don't want you, and believe me I don't, then I don't want you being happy with someone else when there's any doubt that I might get another girl'" -Anonymous

6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

"I can see it.

This one moment where you're not a sad story. You are alive and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song on that drive with the people you love most in this world.

And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite." -Stephen Chbosky

7. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

"She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice, it was supposed to make you feel something." -Rainbow Rowell

8. a beautiful composition of broken by r.h. Sin

12:21

i can't stay here i'm tired of being tired i'm exhausted from yelling and not being heard

i no longer wish to fight with someone who refuses to fight for me i am no longer willing to wear this coat of unhappiness i miss my smile and i'll only find it with you gone but instead of asking you to go i'll leave - r. h. Sin

9. Gravity by Robert M. Drake

"Sometimes the past gives you the strength to face the future, and sometimes the future is brighter than you think it is. Sometimes when you think you know something, it only means you know nothing at all, and sometimes you arrive only to find out you never even left to begin with. Sometimes what you love isn't good for you, and sometimes what's bad heals you in ways you would never have imagined." -Robert M. Drake

10. Today Means Amen by Sierra DeMulder

"Today, you are forgiven. Today, you will be gentle with yourself. You are on a journey and the only map is that heart - that staggering beautiful mess of a heart - that reminds you every day that life is awkward and complicated but incredibly worth living. You deserve to love and be loved and to never starve yourself of this love again." -Sierra DeMulder

11. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

"In nineteen minutes, you can mow the front lawn, color your hair, watch a third of a hockey game. In nineteen minutes, you can bake scones or get a tooth filled by a dentist; you can fold laundry for a family of five... In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world, or you can just jump off of it. In nineteen minutes, you can get revenge." -Jodi Picoult

12. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

"You pick your endings and your beginnings. You get to pick the frame, you know? Maybe you don't choose what's in the picture, but you decide the frame." -John Green

14. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

15. Crank by Ellen Hopkins

The Monster Loves to Talk:

He jumps into your bed and opens your mouth, making it sprout your deepest darkest deceptions. Making you say all the things you'd rather not say, at least not in mixed company. -Ellen Hopkins

16. The sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur

"bees came for honey flowers giggled as they undressed themselves for the taking the sun smiled" -Rupi Kaur

"We are capable of big lives. A big history. Why settle? Why choose the practical thing, the mundane thing? We are born to dream and make the things we dream about." -Nicola Yoon

18. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

"Can't take a chance that one day, in one spot, somewhere, an exit might appear. We can't give up. Ever." -James Dashner