25 Bible Versus That Will Get You Ready For Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is about way more than just the food.

108
https://pixabay.com/en/thanksgiving-pumpkin-fall-autumn-3811492/

Thanksgiving is always a fun time to get together and eat our favorite foods with our loved ones. Some of us are even able to enjoy the day off work, while others may have to miss the family get-togethers. No matter what category you fall into, we all tend to remember things we are thankful that specific day.

Now, I know times can be rough. We get lost in the "I can't believe this is happening to me" rut. Maybe you don't feel like celebrating at all. It is important to take the time to give thanks for the many things we are fortunate to have. If you are currently in one of these ruts or need a little reminder of why it is important to take time to relax and spend time with family and give thanks to God for all he has done for us, these few verses may help you realize that there is always something to be thankful for.

2 Corinthians 4:15: 

All of this is for your benefit. And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

Psalm 9:1: 

I will praise you LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.

Philippians 4:6-7: 

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard our hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always helpful, and endures through every circumstance.

Deuteronomy 15:7-10: 

But if there are any poor Israelites in your towns when you arrive in the land of the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hard-hearted or tight-fisted towards them. Instead, be generous and lend them whatever they need. Do not be mean-spirited or refuse someone a loan because the year for canceling debts is close at hand. If you refuse to make the loan and the needy person cries out to the LORD, you will be guilty of sin. Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the LORD your God will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 16:17: 

All must give as they are able, according to the blessings given to them by the LORD your God.

Proverbs 11:24-25: 

Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

Luke 6:38: 

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

2 Corinthians 8:7: 

Since you excel in so many ways- in your faith, your gifted speakers, your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your love for us- I want you to excel also in this gracious act of giving.

Luke 6:31: 

Do unto others as you would like them to do to you.

Ephesians 4:2: 

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

Psalm 78:4-8: 

For we will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD, about his power and his mighty wonders. For he issued his laws to Jacob; he gave his instructions to Israel. He commanded our ancestors to teach them to our children, so the next generation might know them- even the children not yet born- and they in turn will teach their own children. So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commandments. Then they will not be like their ancestors- stubborn, rebellious, and unfaithful, refusing to give their hearts to God.

Psalm 86:4-5: 

Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

Philippians 2:1-2: 

Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

Romans 8:38 : 

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow- not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

Galatians 2:20-21: 

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace if God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Ephesians 3: 17-19: 

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Ephesians 2:8: 

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

1 Peter 5:6-7: 

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares for you.

1 John 4:7-12: 

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. God showed us how much he loved us by sending his one and only son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love- not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us so much, we surely out to love eachother. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love us brought to full expression in us.

1 Timothy 1:5: 

The purpose of my instruction is that all believers will be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.

Mark 10:44-45: 

And whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave or everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Acts 20:35: 

And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

Romans 12:9-13: 

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love eachother with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.

1 Peter 4:10: 

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.

Every day should be celebrated and we should give thanks to God for what we have. Thanksgiving is a holiday many of us stop to think about it all, but I know I am thankful everyday for everything I have, even if I don't show it all the time. God loves us and we should take time everyday to thank him, even if it is for the most simplest thing. God is not too busy to hear from you, and he wants to hear from us. Be sure to thank your loved ones too. Everyone is so busy making ends meet and we tend to assume others know we appreciate what they do, but try to show them how much you care. The simplest gesture makes all the difference.