female characters

5 Badass Female Characters You'd Be Proud To Take Home To Mom

The only thing better than a lady, is a lady who can kick some ass.

25

I had the hardest time narrowing down this list. Granted it's mostly because I consume a lot of entertainment on the daily. What I usually look for in a movie, television show, or novel are female characters who are scene stealers. The ones that you can't help but root for. Whether it be because of her intelligent brains, or she kicks some serious ass. Give these boys a run for their money.

1. Kara Danvers from "Supergirl"

Kara Danvers is the embodiment of a superhero. She is ambitious, kind, strong, and humble. She doesn't believe she's better than anyone else. All she wants to do is help keep her home, and everyone in it, safe. Her giggly sense of humor and light-hearted charisma is honestly what drew me to the show, and it is keeping me from straying away.

2. Katniss Everdeen from "The Hunger Games"

This character has been with me for a long time. She was the first female character - of many - that taught me girls can be strong too. Katniss will always hold a special place in my heart because of that. And she's hella good with a bow and arrow. Sorry Oliver Queen, but Katniss would definitely win in a fight.

3. Okoye from "Black Panther"

66.media.tumblr.com

Okoye is not strong just because of her background in combat. She is strong on the inside as well. She looked her lover in the eye and said she would kill him for her love of Wakanda. Some would say that is a little too much. But in context, I saw that act as brave and courageous.

4. Raven Reyes from "The 100"

Raven Reyes is more badass in her little pinky finger than I could ever be in a lifetime, and I'm totally okay with that. As a disabled character, she not only exemplifies representation for many people out there, but she also has one of the most impressive minds in the whole show. She can never be killed off because the writers wouldn't have any way to a satisfying solution without her. If that doesn't spell out badass to you, I don't know what will.

5. Noora Amalie Sætre from "Skam"

What I love about Noora is that she speaks her mind. She's a feminist, and not afraid to show it. She will put anyone in their place with her wise words of wisdom, and I absolutely love that. But, she also knows when she has over-stepped. She apologizes when she's wrong, and we honestly need more feminists like her if you ask me.

I feel blessed that I grew up with all of these ladies to look up to, and so many more. Honorable mentions would have to be Brooke Davis ("One Tree Hill") and Diana Prince ("Wonder Woman"). Like I said before, it was hard making this list because there were so many to choose from. That is what I call a problem that I don't mind dealing with. Let's just hope the Bechdel test will never be a concern ever again.