The Best Anti-Humidity Hair Products For Every Hair Type

15 Anti-Humidity Hair Products You'll Rely On This Summer For Nearly Every Single Hair Type

Never fear beach hair again.

938

Though I was mostly raised in the Canadian cold, frequent vacations to warmer climates and family trips to India brought a stark dose of heat, sweat, and humidity to my skin and hair.

While my skin mostly adjusted, my hair took a bit more time to catch up. My typical thirty-minute curling, straightening, or blow-dry routine would be undone within thirty seconds of being exposed to an Indian summer. No amount of hairspray was a match for the 120-degree heat — in fact, sometimes more product would only make it worse.

I settled into my natural frizz and came to complacently accept it when I was growing up. But, when I took my first job in Singapore, along with it came the necessity to look professional and put together at all times. My hair routine was competing against the ten-minute walk to the train, thirty-minute commute, and then another ten-minute walk to the office.

For the years I lived in Southeast Asia, I cycled through what must have been hundreds of products to curate the routine that was best for me, depending on the style I was going for or how my hair was behaving at the time. I had done so much research that I even curated routines for my friends — ones that some of them still thank me for today, years later.

Frizz is caused when hair gets over-heated and dry. We mindfully keep ourselves hydrated with fluids when we're out in the heat, and our hair needs the same attention. Since we don't need to be oiling our heads every twenty minutes while we're out, these products will keep your hair glossy, shiny, and frizz-free without the grease while you're out.

From gentle, vegan, cruelty-free products for silky straight locks to coarse, thick curls, these are the best sweat-proof, anti-humidity products for nearly every hair type:

This GSQ by Glamsquad travel hair dryer with a narrow nozzle you'll want to take with you on every trip.

@gsqbyglamsquad

Note: I use this on towel-dried hair, focusing on the hair closest to the scalp that's most susceptible to frizz on medium heat, then solidify the style with a shot of cold air. High heat can actually irritate the scalp, making it frizz more easily.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.