Haven’t Seen Bernie Sander’s First TV Ad? Here’s Why You Should

10 Reasons Why Bernie Sanders is the Most Likable Presidential Candidate

23

With Bernie Sanders falling behind Hillary in national polls, a TV Ad was bound to be released. On Nov. 1 the ad, titled “Real Change,” was made public, but I just saw it for the first time. Unfortunately, unless you live in Iowa or New Hampshire, or search for it on YouTube, you’ll never see it.

I won’t even try to be impartial; from the facts to the facial expressions, this minute long video shows us why Bernie is the most likable presidential candidate.

1. He’s a self-made man.

Bernie grew up in a Brooklyn tenement, went to public school and now he is running for one of the most powerful political positions in the world. If anyone can give hope to hard-working Americans, he can.

2. He Marched on Washington in 1963 for Civil Rights.

Going from an activist to a politician can only mean that he really cares about making positive progressive changes to this country, particularly changes that will truly make the U.S. a place of equal opportunity for all.

3. He’s been a Mayor and served in Congress.

I don’t know about you, but I’d prefer a President who knows what happens after being elected to a political office and not just what happens after striking a deal with a multimillion-dollar corporation.

4. He wants to reform Wall Street.

The wealthy will be slightly less wealthy, but the middle class will grow. Sounds like a good trade-off to me!

5. The TV Ad and his campaign are funded entirely by individuals, not corporations.
Having a president that isn’t held back by the political agenda of any corporation is definitely reassuring. The people support Bernie, and isn’t that what democracy is all about?

6. He wants equal pay for women workers.
It’s 2015 and a woman working the same job as a man still gets paid 77 cents for every dollar a man makes. How can this nation claim to be a place of equal opportunity when more than half of the population is treated unequally no matter how much or how hard they work? A man who cares about women’s rights is a man worth keeping.

7. Bernie wants to save the planet.
Humans live on Earth. No earth, no humans. So basically Bernie cares about all human beings. Even if you still believe global warming is a myth, despite the enormous scientific evidence it isn’t, how can you dislike someone who cares about keeping you alive?

8. He wants tuition-free colleges.

I can’t think of one college student or parent of a student that doesn’t want free tuition. Whether or not you think this is a fiscally viable plan, it’s impossible to believe that a bachelor’s degree should cost $60,000+ per year.

9. He doesn’t trash other candidates in his ad.
He cares more about raising awareness of the issues plaguing the U.S. rather than winning the presidential race. He doesn’t hesitate to disagree with other candidates, but he’s not a jerk about it. Yep, he’s a good person.

10. He is the cutest man alive.

From his accent to his hand movements to his dance moves, Bernie Sanders is a very entertaining presidential candidate.

Oh, and now I know you want to see the video, so here it is: