Benefits of Drinking Coffee

4 Benefits Of Coffee That Reaffirm Why It's The Best Breakfast Drink

If you're looking for a reason to pour a second cup, this is it.

487

My ability to successfully function in the morning would not occur without my favorite drink, a cup of black hazelnut or green mountain's breakfast blend coffee. My family and I are huge coffee drinkers, so you could say my addiction to coffee started at a fairly young age. Drinking my cup of coffee every morning, and sometimes even throughout the day has made me wonder what and if this drink I have learned to love is actually healthy and beneficial to me in any way. So I did some digging to find out some of the benefits coffee has to offer.

1. It boosts memory

Memory is a funny thing to think about. Our memories based off of school information or everyday life can be more difficult to recall based on the time of day. So, the 8 a.m. classes college students think they can take successfully turn south. They have a difficult time paying attention due to being tired. Specifically, drinking coffee would allow a student ot not only function better for early morning classes, but boost their memory during non-optimal times of the day for people.

2. Coffee beans have great antioxidant properties

Coffee Beans have antioxidant properties which reduce oxidative stress processes occurring within our cells and body that often cause mutations to occur, leading to the development of cancer. Light roasted coffee beans tend to have a higher concentration of antioxidants compared to dark roasted coffee bean levels. Having a boost of antioxidant levels in the human body is beneficial for many reasons.

3. It protects your body

The human body can be protected from certain diseases that affect the body from consuming a moderate amount of coffee. Neuromuscular Diseases, such as Parkinson disease were diminished in fellow coffee drinkers, as well as a decrease in cardiovascular disease occurring in those who drank a moderate amount of coffee. This is due to the antioxidant and phytochemicals found in coffee that decreases inflammation within the body.

4. It protects your mind

The human mind can be protected from certain diseases as well by consuming a moderate amount of coffee. One example is the decreased risk of Alzheimer's occurring in a person's lifetime. A study done a couple of years ago concluded that those who drank coffee on a daily basis compared to those who did not were found to be less likely to have Alzheimer's by 60%