5 Benefits Of Career Development Services

Whether you're a freshman, senior, or somewhere in between, the CDS can be of help for you.

1. Resume Building

One of the most traditional and effective services of CDS is their resume building workshops. This can be helpful for EVERYONE. If you've never made a resume before or even if you think yours looks pretty good, no matter what step you're at, CDS is the best resource for you.

2. Career Paths

So maybe you're stuck between two prominent interests of yours, or maybe you just don't know what area of work is best for you at all. The CDS provides systematic tests that can help you decipher where your talents and passions fit into your field— all for free.

3. Internships

We all know that internships are the stepping stones of career paths, and not to mention fantastic resume builders, but how do you know what type of internship to get? Or where to even look for one? Well, CDS covers that and much more. Even just the word "internship" itself can be intimidating, and as college students, it can be difficult to know where to begin, your advisor can be there for you throughout the process and make it easier on you.

4. Networking

Networking can be one of the most frustrating and flat out annoying happenstances that we as college students have to participate in. But the CDS can help you maneuver networking events in a way that can make them painless... and dare I say even a little bit of fun. I hated networking events until I talked to my CDS advisors, they helped me look at networking in a different way and practice conversational concepts that helped ease me into networking events.

5. Guidance

Whether you think you've got it all figured out or not, the CDS is there for you. Thinking about life after college can be absolutely terrifying, but it doesn't have to be. Career Development Services purpose is to make the big questions easier to answer, and the big decisions easier to make. So schedule an appointment, you might be surprised at how helpful it can truly be.