I Believe In Angels, Don't You?

I Believe In Angels, Don't You?

They are real, and they are here to help

275

Whenever I started writing this article about angels, I couldn't get the ABBA song "I Have A Dream" which includes the song lyric "I believe in angels, something good in everything I see," out of my head. Specifically, the Mamma Mia version. (I like Amanda Seyfried's singing voice.)

I believe in angels, and I want you to believe in them, too. If you have ever read the Bible, you know that angels are mentioned quite a bit in there. The Old Testament and the New Testament mention them a lot, and they are directly involved in human affairs. Some more famous examples are angels help Lot and his family escape the city of Sodom, the angel Gabriel announces God's plan to Mary (for her to be the mother of Jesus), and angels roll away the stone on Jesus' tomb when He is resurrected from the dead.

Angels have always been a part of life on earth (you can trace it back to the Garden of Eden!), and they still are. Angels are all around us.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the concept of angel guardians. They are heavenly beings that God created specifically to aid humans during their lifetimes on earth. There is a specific angel guardian for each person on earth - a specific one just for you.

Your angel guardian is praying for you right now. Actually, your angel guardian (with its outstretched wings and immense knowledge of God's truths) has been praying fervently for you since you were born. It hasn't been taking any breaks. It rejoices when you rejoice and it weeps when your heart is heavy with sadness.

God appointed a specific angel from heaven to accompany you through the ups and downs, and this angel loves you SO MUCH.

This sweet heavenly being likes putting good people and graces into your life, whether you asked for glimpses of heaven's love or not. Has something random ever brightened your day? Have you had a surprise conversation with someone that made your heart lighter? These occasions were encouraged and helped by your angel guardian AND the angel guardian of the people in that experience.

Sometimes, I feel guilty about asking God for help. I think to myself, "Nah, I don't need help. I can handle (insert some awfully hard spiritual or physical trial I'm going through) alone. I got this! God, you can take a day off."

But then I remember God doesn't want to take a day off, that I'm not the Savior of the World, and I definitely can't do anything on my own. It's a humbling experience to ask God and my angel guardian to give me the help I need to live more fully. I'm always satisfied with the moments of holiness I partake in when I ask Jesus for help. God is good.

God wants to help you have peace on earth, battle your doubts and spread joy wherever you go and with whomever, you meet. Ask for the things that will help you grow as a person, and trust that God will respond.

Believe in angels, because they are truly our best friends. Holy, always available, and selfless.

By the way, you can pray for angels. You can ask heaven to send graces to your angel guardian, the angel guardian of your friend, and more. Angels benefit from intercessory prayer, too. Cool, right? (The answer is yes.)

Have a blessed day!