Why It's Important To Embrace Your Individuality

In a world where there are so many people trying to be Kim and Kanye, it's hard to just be who you are
287

Individuality. In a society where there are so many trends and icons to follow, you really don't see much individuality in people. Where in a world where there are too many people trying to be Kim and Kanye's. Don't even get me started on Kylie. When so many people want to fit in and want to be liked, it's hard to find people who want to stand out and do their own thing. To stray away from society and follow their own code of ethics in life.

I, for one, have never been someone who wanted to just fit in and follow the mindless sheep of society. The thought of conforming or even trying to be someone else was never something that I could do. Although it is 2016, there is still a lot of stigma around people who have dyed hair or piercing and, tattoos. The thought of not being hired at a job for having colored hair or piercings has always left me baffled. Sure you have to look the part for a business job but you should still be allowed to have a quality that makes you different.

Growing up and even at this moment, I can't see myself working a 9 - 5 job with my cookie cutter family. I'm not trying to say it's a bad thing or lacks excitement. It's something that's just not for me, although I would like children in the future, I just want to be able to live my life each day like an adventure. Having amazing people in my life and having a job where I can change it up each day and be my own boss is how I want to live through life. Family members and friends can tell me it's not practical but, I don't think I'll ever listen. I enjoy being who I am, different.

With my crazy hair colors and piercings, sure these things don't define me but they make me happy in a sense. Being happy with who I am has always been something I've struggled with, so having fun things like this have always made me feel happy about myself. I'm not shaming the white picket fence life, I'm just saying it's not for me and, who knows maybe one day I'll change my mind. But for now I enjoy who I am as a person and I'm gonna continue to stand out because it makes me happy. Be who you are, not who the world tells you to be.