Being Single Is Okay

Being Single Is Okay

You are awesome!

6
Being Single Is Okay
You Radio

Being a girl is the worst at times. We hold ourselves to a lot of expectations, and constantly tear ourselves down. How annoying and truly, how twisted. We're the best. We are elegant creatures who have a lot of potential if we would allow ourselves to find it. Being a woman, we are constantly searching for affirmation. We are longing for assurance, confidence, praise and all that jazz. Where do we search for all of these things in which we could easily give ourselves? You guessed it. Men.

Let me let you in on a little secret. You were beautiful before he told you that you were. You were awesome, you were funny and you were smart. You did not need a boy to make you feel this good about yourself. You should feel like this all on your own. Some guys are pretty lousy. Good news: some are not. As you are in this "crisis" in your life without a partner, treat yourself! The fun has just begun.

Rediscover what it is YOU like to do. Hike, draw, take pictures, swim, fish and do all sorts of things you wouldn't have done before. Challenge yourself. Try new things. There's a reason your relationship did not work out. I promise. You know that, too.

Go to lunch with your friends. Make it a point to make a day of the week the day where you spend time with people who have invested in your life. Explore new friendships, new conversation, and think about things.

Devote your time to things that matter. Adopt a pet. Read a history book. Help others! Do things that serve a purpose. Be awesome daily. Someone awesome may notice.

This is all just a little reminder that you really are pretty cool. Girl to girl, sometimes we just need to be reminded of that. You define yourself! People do not define you. Before you know it, you may meet someone who has a lot to offer. Y'all will be AWESOME together! When that day comes, it'll be worth it. For now, do you!