Why Being A Loner Doesn't Make You Anti-Social

Just because you like to stay home all weekend, that doesn't make you a weird person.

161
Roxana Paul

Daily I get told that I should go out more and be more social so I could make more friends. The thing is, however, I am someone that does not like to go out; and I don't only mean to house parties, clubs, and bars. I also mean just to random dinners with the friends I do have or any other thing that involves social interaction. I am also not saying that I am completely isolated, because I am not. When I feel like going out, I truly enjoy it, but there will be days where I just want to stay home, watch movies on the couch or read a good book in bed. It doesn't mean I'm antisocial; it just means I love the comfort of myself and my home.

I would never bash anyone who loves to go out every weekend because that is simply their choice. There are people who enjoy being around their friends every day and love to go out and party all night, nothing wrong with that, it's their form of fun. I know I am not the only person who prefers the comfort of their home more than anything else, we enjoy our home because it's a comfortable safe space where we are free to be ourselves. And let's be honest, sweatpants are much more comfortable than a pair of jeans or heels.

Constantly I get told that life is passing me by and I am young and need to enjoy life as much as I can, but I am enjoying life, it just comes from the comfort of my home. I don't believe that I am missing out of anything because if I truly wanted to experience life then I will go out and do it. It's okay to be a loner, it doesn't make you a loser or anti social, it doesn't mean you hate people and you aren't weird, home is just your happy place.

I used to think I was odd because I enjoyed staying home. I would constantly ask myself "why am I so weird?" but the I wasn't weird at all, this was just my thing. Staying at home either alone or with my family made me truly happened. I love to watch movies till it's late, I love to cover myself in blankets and play video games, I love to read a nice book, or just sit in bed and listen to music till I fall asleep. I find comfort in the small things, where I can relax and feel no stress.

Some people like to go out and enjoy time with their friends while others like to stay home. It doesn't make you a loner, it just shows that everyone is different and finds comfort in different things.