A Few Choices For A Girl That's Indecisive
Lifestyles

When it comes to everything else in my life, like what to eat for lunch/dinner or even just what to wear, I am just as lost as I am during any math lecture.

167

I'm going to be honest with all of you: I am indecisive. That's right, I am that person. Now sure, I managed to enter college not undecided in terms of my major and sure, I know exactly what I want to do with my future and career. Oh, and let's not forget that I already know what kind of dog I'll be rescuing and what I'll be naming him. But, when it comes to everything else in my life, like what to eat for lunch/dinner or even just what to wear, I am just as lost as I am during any math lecture. You cannot and should not have made such important decisions like the ones I just mentioned.

I'm hungry, so what to eat?

There are those times of the day, when you've gone for a little too long without eating and your stomach is making those grumbling noises that catches the attention of everyone around you. But, here's the catch: I could be starving and I still would not know what to eat. It doesn't matter if there are limited options. Ask me to pick a restaurant and I'll literally draw a blank. Ask me to order something from a menu and I will literally take at least twenty minutes to choose. I don't what it is, but even if I know I'm not the biggest fan of something, I consider every single option.

I have to think about whether I could substitute a side or I could remove an ingredient like tomatoes. With these things in mind, there are practically dozens of other options I could choose from and that really does not help an indecisive person. This tends to be the reason I choose chicken nuggets and french fries over everything else. Although I will admit, this has become less of a struggle since I spend the majority of my time on College Ave where the only place that takes meal swipes is Brower.

Piles of clothes on the floor... and they're all clean

Every single night, I try to plan out an outfit based on the weather forecast. Of course, the forecast isn't always right and the outfits I pictured in my head end up looking frumpy and awkward. This leads me to change my clothes, three or four times. I never know whether I should wear layers or toughen up, especially since I tend to get cold a lot easier than most people. It's even more of struggle when you consider that I'm a whopping five feet tall and everything looks bulky on my body. Looking in the mirror just makes me think "how could you even put these together? This shirt and these pants? A tragedy." So through this process, about twenty different pieces of clothing end up on the floor, inside out and wrinkly. But, I get there eventually and to be honest it doesn't take as long as you think. After all the mixing and matching, not to mention countless tries of the same outfit, I get there eventually. And to be honest, it does not take as long as you think. The entire process probably happens in less than twenty minutes, even though it feels like a lifetime.

While these are not the only two things that I have worry about, I would say they are the most prominent choices I make nowadays. With college being a priority and Rutgers having practically everything I need, these are truly the two things I have the most control over on a daily basis. They're not much, but I truly put a lot of time and effort when it comes to even the simplest of things. They seem like such small parts of your day that you can practically ignore them. But to me, they're important decisions.

Like everyone knows, one wrong choice can lead to a very different outcome and ruin your day even if its something little. For instance, what if I was wearing a light colored top and spilled sauce on it at lunch? What would happen then? Or on an even bigger scale, light-wash jeans or light colored bottoms during my period! I find that there are tons of outside things that need to be factored into making a decision.

But, being indecisive shouldn't be seen as this horrible thing. In fact, I laugh at myself for not being able to choose all the time. The point is you figure it out eventually. Sure, you might take a bit longer than most people. And okay, you may change your mind. That shouldn't mean you put yourself down for it. In the end, you made a choice, sticking by it and that is all anyone can ever ask of you.

[Overall, as I'm writing this article, I'm realizing that I can't make a choice because I overthink things. My indecisiveness stems from me having to think about every single, tiny (and I mean tiny) detail possible. But, hey! I'll figure it out eventually. Get it?]