what to know about being friends with an actor

10 Things You Know To Be True If Your Best Friend Is An Actor

The words "the cast list is up" are enough to make your stomach drop.

158
actors on stage

If your best friend is an actor, you'll instantly recognize these 10 facts and scenarios.

1. At least half of their car karaoke songs are straight from a broadway soundtrack.

www.pexels.com

You might pester them about it, but to be honest you love these songs too!

2. Casual improv games are the best way to fill up your free time.

www.pexels.com

"Yes, and..." is and always will be your motto, in improv and in life.

3. You're both on your toes during auditions and callback week.

www.pexels.com

Even if you aren't the one auditioning, you won't be able to relax until the cast list goes up.

4. There isn't much you wouldn't miss to see their show opening night.

www.pexels.com

I even spent my 18th birthday watching my best friend perform in a musical when it happened to fall on opening night.

5. You love hearing gossip about what goes on backstage.

www.pexels.com

You know everyone's inside jokes and who likes who even if you haven't stepped foot backstage.

6. You know all about their cast's pre-show rituals.

www.pexels.com

These can get weird, but it's not like theatre is a cult, right?

7. You rehearse lines together as often as other friends get coffee together.

www.pexels.com

And there's nothing wrong with a little positive criticism.

8. You understand that getting cut from a show low-key feels like they're being dumped by their director.

www.pexels.com

But that probably won't stop them from dragging you to the show anyway.

9. With every cast list comes your "better" recasted version.

www.pexels.com

"You deserved that role way more than she did!"

10. Whether they're cast into the ensemble or as the lead, they'll always be good enough for broadway in your eyes.

www.horoscoposgratis.eu

They should never stop doing what they love.