Nearing the end of the semester is scary for a multitude of reasons. First, you know you've been procrastinating that big project/paper basically all semester; second, you know that the stress of finals is going to hit you like a ton of bricks; and, finally, it is time to buy gifts for your friends and family.
One problem, though - money is scarce. Though you may work a job, or maybe three, as a student, money is hard to come by. So if you've been broke all year or you just know that you will be broke for the holidays, here's a FRIENDly reminder that you are not alone, and we all get it.
1. The moment when you check the status of your bank account and have a major realization.
2. Then you remember you get paid today, so you go to pick up your paycheck.
3. And it was totally not worth it.
4. Then all of your friends go out and you don't have the funds.
5. And even though you are trying not to rely on your parents, you will probably still call them.
6. Sometimes they'll send you money, and others they will remind you that you are an adult.
7. It's usually at this point that you throw caution to the wind...
8. ...and you may go a little crazy with the buying.
9. Your friends will likely tell you that you should stop spending, but you will ignore them.
10. Immediately after you spend all of your money, you may have no regrets...
11. ...Or you may hate yourself.
12. But it is likely that a moment will come when you remember that you have something big to pay for.
13. And no matter how hard you try, you will likely repeat the cycle.
Ultimately, though it may be hard, try not to stress over the number in your bank account. Keep yourself happy and healthy, and all will be right with the world.