Things I've Heard Being Bi and Dating Guys

Things I've Heard From People While Being Bi And Dating Guys

Before you ask, no, I am not interested in having a threesome.

108
Eva Parker

I have heard some very outlandish things from men who find out I am also interested in women. For some reason, the second a guy hears that I am bisexual, their mind goes straight to cringey and ill-acted threesome porn. First of all, my sexuality isn't something for you to try and fetishize. Second of all, just because I like both doesn't mean I want both at the same time. So now it's time for the worst stories you've probably ever heard and some of the worst things I've had to listen to.

This first story is about after my breakup with my ex-girlfriend. I was back on Tinder (which was my first mistake). To top it all off, he was in the military (which was my second mistake). Let's call him Jerry. So Jerry and I went on a date. Afterward, like all dates end when you have a few glasses of wine, I slept with him. I won't get into the gory details but sometime during that he asked me "if a strap on could do that". I immediately pushed him off of me and told him to leave. He asked if he could see me again and I gave a resounding no.

Jerry isn't the first guy to mention strap ons when I mentioned that I liked girls. Of course, there was the incident when I was walking with some friends and a group of men in a car stopped and hit on me. I told them my go-to response, "I'm sorry I like girls." For some reason, I thought that that would get them to quit harassing me, but of course, I was wrong. The guy in the driver's seat starting saying things like "a strap on can't do what a real dick can" and "maybe you haven't had the right dick." It all made me sick to my stomach. The fact that a man thought that he could make me automatically not be interested in girls because of an appendage. It is such a disgusting way of thinking.

Last but certainly not least was a guy that I used to text from time to time. We can call him Cam. Cam seemed really nice at first and I enjoyed the attention, though it was nothing serious. I told Cam pretty quickly that I was Bi, in case he had negative opinions about it. I like to be very straight forward. He said that it was cool and I thought that was the end of it. Until later he told me that it would be cool for us to a bar and hit on women together. As if my only purpose in life as a Bi woman is to search for two people of the opposite sex to sleep with.

My point of all of this is that just because someone is Bi, it doesn't mean they want a threesome. It has never been anything I was interested in and still isn't. Also, being a man doesn't mean your dick is this magical tool that can change anyone's preferences. People like what they like and want what they want. Stop trying to change that. I can like men. I can like women. I don't need to have both to be happy in life. The over-sexualization of Bi women needs to stop because that is what it is: over-sexualization and fetishization of a person's sexuality. I'm over it and that's all I have to say on that.