Table For One

Table For One

Everyone should try it at least once

7
Table For One

Have you ever been out to eat or out for drinks with your friends and saw a person sitting by themselves and thought "How could someone be comfortable going out alone?" I know I have and so have plenty of people that I've gone out with. I've been the person thinking about how weird it must be to be sitting at a table for one with no one to talk to, with no to share an appetizer with, with no one to split the check with, or no one to argue with over who is going to cover the check.

Why is that we're so quick to think that something eating out alone is so weird. When in all reality it's actually quite interesting and relaxing. It's a new experience that you can't possibly discover with another person.

You don't have to worry about what to talk about. You don't have to split your appetizer with them. You don't have to worry about making a mess of yourself in front of someone. You don't have to worry about them judging you because you got a drink, and it's only Wednesday. You don't have to be in a hurry to get the check or to leave after the check comes (unless your meter is almost up). You don't have to worry about who is driving to the bar or if you're meeting there. You don't have to worry about what time you're going out. You don't have to wait for a table at the restaurant, you can just walk straight up to the bar and take a seat (if you're 21 of course).

Just imagine sitting at the bar, the baseball game is on, and you have a new local brew that you're trying. Things taste a little better when you get to try them on your own. Not only that but it forces you to meet new people, even if it is just the bartender. You get to just sit there sipping your drink, watching the game and reflecting on your day, or catching up on that assignment due at the end of the week for work. You can drink and eat as slowly as you prefer, because you're on no one's time but your own.

Next time you're sitting at home with nothing to do and no one to see, I suggest you get off your lazy tush to go try a new restaurant out. Don't double guess yourself on that brew that sounds oh-so tasty, it might help you feel a little more confident and relaxed while you enjoy this date night with yourself.