Being alone can help you grow

Being Alone Can Transition Into Something Beautiful, Give It Time

Maybe being alone is a good thing.

120
Savanna Stevie

A trait that a lot of us tend to adapt from one another is that we hate to be alone. Even the word, alone, makes us cringe.

When we were little kids, the world taught us that we needed people and friends around us at all times. You stood out from everyone else if you were always alone. This trait stayed with us as we got older.

Once high school hit, basically everyone had their set group of friends that they would always be with. The weekends were always spent with the same people doing the same things. There was never a weekend that was spent alone at home.

The first time I experienced the feeling of being alone was when I got grounded one weekend and could not go out. It is a very strange feeling when you know you are the only person missing out on something. It makes your stomach drop.

Being alone does give you time to think and gather all your thoughts.

Though, being alone in your head can be a dangerous thing to experience. Your mind can start to run wild. I think this is the biggest reason why we hate being alone.

College arrives and we have spent our entire lives becoming used to the thought that we will never have to be alone. What we do not realize though is our main group of friends is now gone and at different colleges. This is when the loneliness hits.

People do not realize this, but college is very lonely. You spend a lot of your time by yourself.

It is not like high school where everyone has the same schedule, no, everyone is doing their own thing. You may be eating lunch alone since all your friends are still in class. It is a very hard transition to get used to, but it does get easier.

In college, we begin to become wiser. We notice things that we have never noticed before. We learn things we never knew about. College is a time for growth and a lot of that growth comes when we are alone.

Just like when we were taught to always surround our self with people, we learn to be OK with being alone. The thought of it does not scare us like it used to.

Maybe being alone is a good thing?