If Christianity Is A Lie

Even If Christianity Isn't Real, I Did Not Waste My Life

"Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace within difficulties." -C.S Lewis

619
https://unsplash.com/photos/NIN6d23PX5k
https://unsplash.com/photos/NIN6d23PX5k

If Christianity isn't real then I wasted my life.

Christians wasted their lives.

Wasted time on fellowship with other Christians who encouraged each other, prayed for each other and loved people.

Wasted time attending church services that convicted us and taught us more about Jesus, and topics that related to our lives.

And for what?

For a community of other people who shared in similar struggles.

Is Christianity just a phase people go through during a hard time, until they reach the end of it?

Is Christianity for weak people who need something to believe in?

Is the Bible a book written by random people who created stories, that happened to align with history, and co-inside with true historical characters?

Is it all just a religion like the rest of them? Someone to believe in, rules to follow, traditions to uphold.

See I don't think so.

I think if God isn't real, none of us have truly wasted our lives.

We lived selflessly, we lived to serve others, we tried our best to love our neighbors like ourselves.

The church has served with various organizations, and within communities to better society and help during times of crisis or natural disaster.

If Christianity is for the weak, then how is it that mothers who have lost children, people who have lost their homes, and disasters that have rattled our nation not managed to bring Christians down? Because of hope.

Because even in the toughest times, and heart-wrenching experiences, we found our hope in God.

And through Him, we have accomplished great things.

Christianity isn't a group of individuals who think they are perfect, or who seek perfection, but rather individuals who know they are far from imperfect. Who have humbled themselves enough to realize they don't have everything put together.

And if we're wrong, what do we really lose?

But if we're right, what happens to everyone else?

Christianity itself by no means is perfect.

But Jesus is.

Christianity has mocked the name of God through horrendous acts.

But we are not the example, Christians don't define who God is.

Christianity doesn't have to be real to you, as long as God is.

And if you ask any Christian, it isn't a life you'll regret.

Just like telling the truth isn't always easier but it provides honest friendships and creates trust.

It isn't a get rich quick solution, or help you with all your problems, and take away all inconveniences.

It won't make you perfect, or better than anyone else.

There is no formula or method, just faith.

It's not about religion or religious duties.

And if Christianity isn't real, then nothing. Then we believed a lie, and we either continue on living as some believe, live in an afterlife as others believe, or return as new creations. But nevertheless, there are no consequences.

But Christianity offers a gift, a gift of salvation, and a life without God is not a life worth living.