5 Things To Know When You Befriend A Nursing Major

Nursing majors are some of the weirdest, most confusing, and most amazing people you'll ever meet.

59
SouthWest Regional Medical

So you want to be friends with a nursing major? Interesting choice.. I’m not going to say that befriending a nursing major is a bad thing to do… but there are a few things that you should know if you want to befriend a nursing major.

1. Be prepared to have uncomfortable conversations

Nursing majors talk about nursing major things… things that doctors talk about… things that might not be the most appropriate dinnertime conversations… do you get my drift? If not, I guess you’ll find out soon enough, best of luck to you.

2. Be prepared to have no idea what’s going on

There are a lot of words in the realm of nursing majors, words that make no sense to the rest of the world. I swear, these people are not learning English anymore, they are learning a new foreign language so they can talk about their patients like foreign ladies who talk about women when they get their nails done.

3. Be prepared to witness a LOT of stress

The classes in the nursing program are a little bit more… complex, than other majors. If your nursing friends aren’t stressing about their upcoming anatomy or physiology test they are either insanely smart or they aren’t going to be in the nursing program anytime soon.

4. Be prepared for late night study sessions

You might not be a part of these study sessions but you will hear a lot of random giggling and confusion coming from across the hall.

5. Be prepared for some of the greatest people you will meet

Obviously if you want to be a nurse you have to have some level of people skills. This means that when you befriend a nursing major they will (most likely) be one of the kindest most helpful people you will ever meet. And, think of it this way, through the confusion and uncomfortable-ness they will know how to help you when you get hurt, and you could always use someone that knows how to fix a boo-boo.