It's not easy becoming an IG model

I Tried to Become an Instagram Model

I'm not famous yet.

4374
I Tried to Become an Instagram Model
Elisa Nuñez-Rodriguez

I'm sick of the number of men and women who get famous by doing nothing. Those people that go viral for stupid online comments, funny viral videos, and "Instagram Models." I'm especially peeved by them. How can you be so famous and make so much money for just posting photos of yourself?

I follow a few models that I actually find wonderful.

Some IG models are genuinely beautiful, with their natural beauty and wholesomeness, like Justine Mae Biticon, a Ford model. Her natural beauty is so overwhelming.

Then, there are the not-so-wholesome IG models, like the ones that decide to start their own clothing brands and "inspire their fans" although they're terrible influences. That obnoxious camgirl (yes, she's a pornstar that tries to give people life advice) Lena the Plug is one of those individuals. She and her 40-year-old looking boyfriend are like a walking-cancer.

There are some IG models that I have yet to find a fault in, like Sierra Skye, an angel without wings.

So I decided to see what it would take to become an IG model. I flipped through a couple of blogs, brushed up on my Cosmo reads and did a lot of Instagram stalking. Here's what I found out: I am not IG model-worthy.

I tried using flowers as a beauty-enhancer, but it didn't get the results I was hoping for.

Elisa Nuñez-Rodriguez

To be an IG model, you've got to be good-looking. At least one of your features must be attractive, whether it's fake boobs, fake butt, natural butt, gorgeous face, long legs, or nice eyes. I tried going for more natural looks, minimal makeup to let my 'natural radiance" show, but I haven't hit stardom yet.

You've got to be sponsored, by a big brand, a designer, or some kind of known-name. Even if you're not sponsored, you can be featured on a brand's IG page, shooting you to stardom. Tessa Greiner, who boasts 62.4k followers on IG, has found more fame with being featured on O-Mighty's store IG, not to mention being on the cover of PUMP Fashion Magazine. I think my mom said she'd sponsor me.

You have to be fashionable or trendy. If you're all about bathing suits and tropical settings, you want to be wearing the cutest bathing suits of the summer. If you want to have the nicest, trendiest outfits like Jordyn Taylor McClelland, you need to be bold and brave with your outfit choices. I'm a low-budget college student, so I wear whatever trendy clothes I already own.

A nice pop of color should do the trick, right? Elisa Nuñez-Rodriguez

The most important part about being an IG model is having the best photographer possible. If you're your own photographer, investing in a selfie stick or tripod is going to be important. If you've got the best kind of friends, the ones who love to photograph you, have them take hundreds of pictures of you so you have plenty of options to choose from for posting to IG. Alyssa Silos, an amazing artist who posts photos of her amazing travels, said she will ask random strangers to take pictures of her, and the results are always incredible. Special thanks to my boyfriend for trying his hardest with these photos.

Some mystery behind the flower booklet? Probably not.Elisa Nuñez-Rodriguez

IG models also have a huge following, whereas I have 899 followers, but only 140 of them interact with me and like my photos. So really, I have 140 followers. Most IG models have at least 20k followers, averaging 300k likes on their photos from sponsors, being featured on the Explore page, and from popping up on other social media. Kendall Jenner, who I hate to claim as an IG model but yet here she is, has 92.3 million followers, although I don't think she's one of the top models.

My attempt at being an IG model failed. I'm not trendy nor fashionable enough to gain sponsorship, I don't sell fit-teas, I'm not a wanna-be boutique owner, my legs are short and stumpy, and I can't get more than 200 likes on a photo. But I will not give up trying to make money the easy way.

I felt like Jenny from the block. Elisa Nuñez-Rodriguez

Someday, I will find a way to become an IG model. I will be sponsored, I will be paid for my posts, and I will do the bare minimum for it. I just haven't found a way to do it yet.