Becoming an Early Riser

7 Easy And Effective Tips for Becoming An Early Riser

And taking control of your mornings!

18
alarm clock on table

Waking up early is hard! However, rather it be because of a new job, early classes, or children to look after, it is inevitable that at some point we will all need to get into the routine of rising early. This can be done much easier and more effective if you follow these 7 easy tips!

1. Start out small.

Don't go from waking up at 10am to waking up at 5am. That will just make it harder for you to stick to it. Start small and work your way up! Wake up 30 or 40 minutes earlier each day until you reach your main goal.

2. Stick to a consistent schedule.

Consistency is key! In EVERYTHING. Once you reach your main goal of what time you want to wake up, stick to it. It will be a lot harder to stay on track if you're giving yourself the option to sleep in some mornings or stay up too late some nights.

3. Cold water.

When you wake up in the morning go splash your face with cold water, or if you are extremely dedicated, take a cold shower. This will stimulate your senses and help you to become more alert much faster.

4. Listen to music.

I don't know about you, but listening to some pumped up music always does the trick for me. It is a great way to help you to become motivated and excited for your day!

5. Eat a good breakfast.

Eating a fulfilling and healthy breakfast is a wonderful way to start your day. Not only is it a wake up call for your taste buds but it also fuels your body with the nutrition it needs to stay energized and alert for the rest of the day!

6. Get active.

Mornings are a great time to stretch, do yoga, go for a walk/jog, or exercise. This will help your body to further wake up, become alert, and to get some healthy hormones and endorphins running through it.

7. Natural lighting.

Open up some windows and soak in some vitamin D! According to studies, if you expose yourself to more sunlight in the morning and throughout the day, and less sunlight or light in general at night you can alter your natural body clock and, in turn, wake up earlier in the morning.

With all of these useful and easy tips, you will be an early riser in no time!