The Beauty of Romans 8

The Beauty of Romans 8

Nothing can separate us from the love Jesus Christ.

105
The Beauty of Romans 8
Bible Study Tools

Romans 8:37-39 says, “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

These have to be some of my favorite verses I’ve ever read from the Bible, yet I’ve never heard anyone else talk about these verses before. I’ve read hundreds of devotions and heard countless sermons, but these verses have never come up, which honestly is a bit surprising. I want to share them with you today and I hope you can see the beauty that lies within these verses.

If you look back to several verses before this, we read the question in verse 35, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” As humans, our lives are often times filled with chaos and worry, stemming from all different areas of our lives. We get so wrapped in our worry and distress that many times we forget that God knows what He’s doing.

Stress and hardship are difficult, and everyone will experience them at some point in their life, but what we need to keep in mind is that God will not allow stress to separate us from Him. He will always be with us and will always be there for us. God places us in difficult situations to test our relationship with Him so that we will grow in our Christian faith. As this verse says, nothing can separate us from God, and nothing will ever be able to pull us from away from Him.

God is constantly pulling closer, never allowing us to break from his strong grasp. He is there for us; He is there for you. These verses show us how beautiful God’s love for us really is and reminds us that no matter what may be thrown at us, nothing can break the bonds of Christ.

Sometimes it may feel like nothing is going the way you planned and everything seems as if it’s falling apart. It may seem like everyone has turned their backs on you, but during these times, I want you to remember that you always have God standing right by your side. If you look even farther back in Romans 8, verse 31 says, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” These verses all work together to show how nothing can separate us from the love of God and He stands by us even when it may seem everyone has abandoned us.

We are children of Christ, and because we are His children, He will provide. He will strengthen us in His love and he will never allow earthly things to push us away from Him. Verse 17 says, “and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” Even when we suffer, Christ will be with us and we must remember that our suffering is only for a short time in the eyes of the Lord.

I highly recommend that you read through Romans 8 and see the beauty that unfolds throughout the chapter. God is constantly showing us of his amazing love for us, and I pray that these verses help you find hope and comfort in Him.