Why Seeing Beauty And The Beast Is Worth It.

Caution: Slight Spoilers Ahead

49

Last week the much anticipated live-action Beauty and The Beast was released into theaters. Millions flocked to their local theaters opening night. Tickets for the first showings sold out nearly as soon as they had gone on sale. Normally, I'm one of those people. I had the count down until tickets went on sale on my phone, I was putting the money aside, planning what outfit I'd wear to the midnight showing and who I would go with. But I decided to wait.

I work for a middle school and all I heard was how all these young girls would be there. I knew a bunch of people my age going, but I decided I wanted to wait the first week out, let all the younger kids see the movie and go when some of the hype died down. Well, it become the number one movie in the WORLD during that week and my theater was packed when I saw it.

After the movie, I was left nearly speechless. The only thing I could saw was that it was perfect. And this is why it was perfect.

1. The Cast.

The cast was amazing. From Emma Watson to Josh Gad, everyone brought something special to their character that made the characters we fell in love with as children even more lovable (or hate-able when it comes to Gaston). There was a much more emotional depth that the cartoon wouldn't have been able to reach.

2. The Old And The New Songs.

The original songs were amazing and just as great as it had been in the cartoon. I've seen a few reviews about Emma's singing and how everyone said it was auto-tuned. To me, it didn't at all, it wasn't totally perfect but I think it added to the character. The new songs added in where a nice add. I enjoyed and very much loved the song that The Beast sang as Belle was ridding away to save her father. It was heart breaking and added a second level of hurt and meaning to him freeing her.

3. The Missing Plot Holes.

This was a big thing for me. I was so happy to have some of my many questions answered in this movie. What happened to Belle's mother? What happened to The Beasts' mother? How could there be a castle and a Prince that NO ONE in the village seemed to remember? This was actually the biggest thing for me. I HATED that part of the cartoon. How could EVERYONE suddenly forget they once had a Prince? The fact that all this had been answered was great, and I was thrilled and saddened by some of the answers.

4. Keeping With The Time Period.

I LOVED that they kept with the time period of when the original tale had been set. The white face paint, the wigs and the style dress and dance. All this was common for that period in French Court. Also keeping with how Belle's mother had died. The black death was still around during this time. They didn't just write it off as the mother running away or just dying in childbirth. The way in which they had had her pass gave a much deeper meaning to how Belle's father acts.

5. The Ending.

The ending to the cartoon was pretty great. I thought it would be hard to beat. But I was not disappointed at all when it came to the live-action ending. As the last petal fell, and Beast lie dying in Belle's arms, we see all our beloved characters turning into house-hold items as their curse becomes permanent. That's until the Entrantress reverses the curse upon hearing Belle's confession of love. I personally sobbed during this whole scene.

This movie was everything I could have asked for and more. Many of my friends have seen it more than once. I plan on going again. If you have yet to see this movie, GO! NOW! Oh, and bring tissues. Trust me, you'll need them. The tears are real. I plan on going again as soon as possible. It was worth every penny spent.