7 Ways To Beat Those Summertime Blues

7 Ways To Beat Those Summertime Blues

Make this your best summer ever!

25
7 Ways To Beat Those Summertime Blues
8tracks.com

It’s almost summertime (finally)! Beaches, tanning, sunglasses, good music and good people –– that’s what it’s all about. But that’s not all summer can bring. Sometimes we get so busy with our daily routines that it can be hard to kick them when summer finally comes around. Not every day can be super-happy-amazing –– so what can you do on those bad days? Here are some ways that you can beat those summertime blues!

1. Kick FOMO.

The “Fear Of Missing Out.” It’s a very real thing. You see people posting pictures and videos on Instagram and Snapchat and you overwork yourself, thinking about how you’re missing out on hanging out with people. Also, if you haven’t been on any social media for a while, you become anxious about missing out on the latest news. Constantly worrying about these things can make your stress levels rise.

2. Make a daily agenda.

But wait –– it’s summertime. I can do whatever I want to do, can’t I? Trust me on this one, making an agenda or a to-do list can go a long way in feeling productive. Do you feel like you don’t have anything to do? Think about it, and make a list of stuff you want to accomplish. Feel overworked with how much you have to do? Make an agenda to prioritize it. You’ll feel accomplished and confident in no time.

3. Hydrate.

Yes, staying hydrated can make you happier. It helps your body feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the day and whatever is on that agenda or checklist. Keeping fluids in your system, and the right fluids, will also help your brain function better throughout the day. Water and Gatorade are always good options, and pure fruit juices are also good.

4. Read or write.

Pick up a book and read a little each day. It doesn’t have to be a huge book that will take all summer to get through. Mitch Albom is one of my favorite authors, and some of his books are shorter in length and easier to get through, while also making your think and feel on every page. Find your niche and read as much as you can –– outside too! Writing is becoming a lost art, so when you get a chance, make random notes in a notepad or notebook you have lying around, they’re good reflection pieces to look back on later.

5. Get some sun every day.

Don’t worry, it’s not going to burn too badly –– just wear some sunscreen! Getting outside, catching some rays, and getting some fresh air can fill your lungs with excitement and energy. 30 minutes of exercise outside can loosen your muscles and stretch you out. Plus, if you hydrate (as suggested before), you’ll want to stay outside longer than those 30 minutes!

6. Lay outside and stargaze.

When that sun goes down, those nighttime lights come out. On clear nights, take a drive away from the lights and find a local park to lay in the grass and look up at the stars. There is an ethereal feeling you get when looking into the night sky and seeing those stars millions of miles away and realizing just how small we are in the universe.

7. Take a "Me Day."

A solo vacation. A personal spa day. A dance party in your underwear. Whatever a day to yourself looks and feels like, make time in your agenda to have some time to yourself. If you want to spend that time with others or by yourself is totally up to you, but making this time will give you something to look forward to during the week. Don’t feel bad about having one lazy day either –– if you’re working hard every other day but that one, feel pride in knowing you worked for that laziness!